PDA

View Full Version : I think I'm doing it wrong

BillCar
02-27-10, 03:00 PM
So, I picked up SH4 and then went out yesterday and got UBM. I've got TMO1.9 and RSRDC running. It's December 7th, and I'm ordered to take my Gar out to a spot just west of the Ryukyu Islands.

Now it's January 8th, I'm just arriving on station, and I've got less than half of my fuel reserves left (45%, actually).

This... can't be right. What am I doing wrong? Am I supposed to dock at another base? Even the closest ones are still far enough away that I will be very worried about my fuel no matter where I try to go.

KV
02-27-10, 03:19 PM
What speed did you travel at, on average?

BillCar
02-27-10, 03:26 PM
I was making between 5 and 7 knots.

ETR3(SS)
02-27-10, 03:31 PM
10kts is your best speed. You'll notice the same problem when you are submerged traveling slower than 7kts. It seems that fuel consumption wasn't something that was done right in game.

sergei
02-27-10, 03:35 PM
IIRC at ahead standard in TMO 1.9 you should have a range of about 16,000 nm.
Sailing from Pearl (topping off tanks at Midway), at ahead standard, should result in you reaching Empire Waters with a touch more than three quarters of a tank left.

BillCar
02-27-10, 03:36 PM
Ah, okay. I assumed the mods had fixed that. I'll keep it in mind for next time!

Armistead
02-27-10, 04:50 PM
Actually the speed setting makes sense to a degree.

With TMO you have several speed icons where you can check.

range to end
range to end at current speed.
time at current speed.

Really helpful, you'll know if you have enough fuel.

BillCar
02-27-10, 06:04 PM
Yeah, I used to do that in SH3 before I got WB's Fuel Efficiency Mod – guess it just slipped my mind! Completely forgot to do it.