PDA

View Full Version : Bad_pool_header

Ham920
02-26-10, 10:42 PM
Two of my favorite games are Silent Hunter III and Silent Hunter IV. My PC crashed and I had to get a new hard drive. Most all of my games run fine with the exception of Silent Hunter III and IV. Every time I run either of these games after a few minutes I get the Blue Screen of Death with the notation "BAD_POOL_HEARER." I've googled this phrase and tried to follow the directions I've found, but nothing seems to work. I start up either Silent Hunter III or IV and after a few minutes I get the Blue Screen of Death with this BAD-POOL_HEADER message. PLEASE HELP. I :cry:love playing the game very much and now I can't!

Hope someone out there can help me PLEASE!!!

gloog
03-01-10, 03:28 AM
use/get some sort of registry cleaning tool, that may help.........even something like CCleaner (google it)!!!!

theluckyone17
03-01-10, 10:20 PM
Off the top of my head, the BSOD error BAD_POOL_HEADER could be caused by defective memory, a defective hard drive (corrupt swap file), or possibly driver issues.

If the BSOD is only occurring when you're playing SH3/SH4... it could very well be driver issues. Do you play anything else that's graphic dependent? Have you updated any drivers lately?

Try updating your drivers anyway... start with Windows Updates. Any driver updates should be listed in the "Optional" section.

Armistead
03-01-10, 10:31 PM
Oh, that's a pain in the butt. When you got your new hard drive what type of install, just win or some bundle package with disc. Usually you get a driver disc with win.

Last time it happened to me was a bad stick of ram. Check and make sure they're seated, never know may have got loose when you put drive in. That doesn't work, try removing a stick at a time and test, but before that I would update all your drivers, including bios..first..

Is it working with any other games, ect...

Also, modem and printer drivers are bad for that error.

Make sure you load DX9 from your game disc, game needs that to work..OK to have multi installs.

What are your system specs..