PDA

View Full Version : Forward deck gun is out of service

That's not my dog
02-26-10, 05:37 PM
Quick question for you Captain's out there. It is May 1943 and I am commanding a Balao type boat. I chose to install the 4 inch forward mount deck gun for 500 renown. The 500 is subtracted from my renown and I finish outfitting my boat.
However, when I put to sea, the forward deck gun is pointing down at a bad angle (Like damaged beyond repair) and I cannot man it. I go back to port, select the aft deck gun mount and everything is peachy. Ideas? Thanks in advance fellas.

I am running :
RFB with the latest patch
RSRDC latest version
An array of navigation and eye candy mods.

magic452
02-26-10, 11:47 PM
There is an old bug about moving the deck gun but it is that you can't man the gun, no crew slots.
As far as it only pointing down, never heard of this but maybe it's for shooting IJN subs????? :haha:

Magic

That's not my dog
02-27-10, 10:03 AM
Hi, thanks for the reply. I looked at my crew roster and there was no place to put them to man the deck gun either. Must be the "bug". Grrrrrr. So, do I ever get to use a forward mount in the war or am I stuck with the rear mount the whole time?

Armistead
02-27-10, 10:32 AM
I think the only time you can change the gun position is when you get a new sub. OTT, you won't have slots. Not sure about RFB, but sound like the bug continues there.

Just use you port save and go back to the gun the way it was.

That's not my dog
02-27-10, 11:03 PM
Hello Armistead my friend!
Yeah, after I got burned the first time doing the failed deck gun switch, I saved my progress in port (Torpedo loading, crew management, etc) so I did not to do it all over again. If I get a new sub again, I will try to see if I can select it to have a forward gun. If not, no biggie. I don't use it that much anyway. Have a good one. Heading back over to the SH5 forum to see what the latest dirt is.....