PDA

View Full Version : The USS Bowfin and USS Skate

KING111
02-26-10, 07:23 AM
WWII Color - Raw Footage Assorted US Fleet Submarine Operations - USS Bowfin, USS Skate, etc

http://www.realmilitaryflix.com/public/794.cfm

TH0R
02-26-10, 10:36 AM
Nice find, thanks! :)

HMCS
03-02-10, 05:59 AM
Yes, a very interesting find. The Japanese look quite happy to be alive and "in flavor country" with the cigarettes and food; chatting amongst themselves over their chicken, mashed taters and pie. These guys clearly were not amped up to snuff it for the Emperor.

I love that bit at the beginning of roll B with the Balao Class boat at speed; very pretty sight. That, and the smart-ass flyboy buzzing them. Very funny.

Ducimus
03-02-10, 02:42 PM
Yes, a very interesting find. The Japanese look quite happy to be alive and "in flavor country" with the cigarettes and food; chatting amongst themselves over their chicken, mashed taters and pie. These guys clearly were not amped up to snuff it for the Emperor.

I love that bit at the beginning of roll B with the Balao Class boat at speed; very pretty sight. That, and the smart-ass flyboy buzzing them. Very funny.

There's something here that gets my goat, every time. When somebody posts this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6gFQH54k0M). Splied all to hell, every scene totally out of context to make it look like something it's not, and they utterly believe its factual. Drives me nuts when i know it's a crock of edited horse manure having seen the unspliced, unedited version listed above.

Armistead
03-02-10, 06:17 PM
Ought to see the one they spliced together of Blackwater. Took film of them shooting targets, well the language and they were saying things smart arse things when they blew pumpkins up, ect. The targets look human with pumpkins as heads. They spliced that with actual war footage, using just the language from target shooting. Made them sound like Natural Born Killers having a Turkey Shoot. Blackwater released the actual sound they used from one of their target shooting videos, but still the propaganda video is on most left wing radical websites..