PDA

View Full Version : Can't install GWX (HELPPPPP)

nikbear
02-25-10, 07:48 PM
My previous installation of GWX 3.0 developed a fault so I removed it from my puter,removed SH3 and SH3Cmdr just for good measure,ran a registry scan to make sure nothing was lurking.
All seemed clear;)
I've reinstalled SH3 and when I try to install GWX it stops and tells me there are mods installed via JSGME and I need to deactivate them before I can proceed:hmmm::06:
But that can't be right? Where on earth are these mods:-? And with a clean install,how can it already have JSGME with mods:doh:
Im at a total loss as to where these phantom mods may be:damn:
Any ideas? All help appreciated,thank you.:salute:

ReallyDedPoet
02-25-10, 08:36 PM
Did you delete all of the files. After
uninstalling sometimes there can be
stuff left over in the main SH3 folder.
Mainly from old mods.

Also, make sure the SH3 folder in My
Documents is deleted.

irish1958
02-26-10, 08:17 AM
rdp is right. there are left-over files.
What I have done to eliminate these problems is to have an install of SH3 on DVD, and I just copy this to my puter. I then use multiSH3 to keep things straight, and I can install all my mods and addons without any problems. If necessary, I can delete any old installs at this time without any problems, including the SH3 file in my documents.

nikbear
02-26-10, 09:24 AM
Ive checked everything,cleaned the puter of all sh3 files,and still this thing pops up:hmmm: Is it possible that my GWX DL has been corrupted and needs to be deleted:06: If I have to that seems to be the only way to progress:damn:

Silent Steel
02-26-10, 11:11 AM
Ive checked everything,cleaned the puter of all sh3 files,and still this thing pops up:hmmm: Is it possible that my GWX DL has been corrupted and needs to be deleted:06: If I have to that seems to be the only way to progress:damn:

Hi nikbear,

Just an advice - I've had issues like this myself.
What got me out of this was the CCleaner, a freeware program that for sure will find and erase all unnecessary crap.

NB - after scanning and before deleting anything CHECK CLOSELY to make sure you just delete files you want to get rid of!

You can download it for free here http://pcforalla.idg.se/2.4476/1.124629
it's a swedish magazine but english version of the software. ("Hämta direkt" = download)
I downloaded it there and it's clean - no spy or viruses!

Good luck and keep me posted about any progress mate. :salute:

Rgds

nikbear
02-26-10, 11:22 AM
Cheers SS,thats the cleaner that I use! :yeah:Works a treat,but what ever it is is still there:hmmm: What I don't understand is that with a fresh install of SH3,when I try to install GWX,it tells me that mods are installed via JSGME,which doesn't come with SH3:06:
So where is it seeing those mods installed:hmmm:
If this persists Im going to have to remove everything to do with SH3 of the puter,and try again with fresh D/L's of GWX on a fresh SH3 install!:damn:
Well thats my weekend sorted then! :har:
Thanks for the help people,It means a lot :salute:

Silent Steel
02-26-10, 11:34 AM
Cheers to you too

Have you tried to scan and uninstall with the Revo Uninstaller?
Really able and reliable SW!
Find the english version here http://pcforalla.idg.se/2.4476/1.159791
Still the same magazine but it's clean and safe.

The Revo finds about everything you don't need. Try it. :up:l

Threesixtyci
02-26-10, 03:03 PM
If I remember the game throws stuff in the My Documents directory, and those need to be cleared out too.

frau kaleun
02-26-10, 03:06 PM
Running some kind of registry cleanup program doesn't hurt either, if that's not included in the programs already mentioned.

Threesixtyci
02-26-10, 03:36 PM
As for JSGME, that is included when you install GWX. My guess is you didn't delete the sub-directories in the game's folder/directory and it found the first install of GWX.

The GWX installation is real picky about that stuff... pretty much have to clear everything out before it will install.

Jimbuna
02-26-10, 05:33 PM
Use the disc 'uninstall' option.

Delete the SH3 folder in C\MyDocs.

Perform a registry clean.

I use RegVac, there is a free trial version here:

http://www.regvac.com/fregvac.htm

nikbear
02-26-10, 06:52 PM
As for JSGME, that is included when you install GWX. My guess is you didn't delete the sub-directories in the game's folder/directory and it found the first install of GWX.

The GWX installation is real picky about that stuff... pretty much have to clear everything out before it will install.

That's what I exactly think is going on,problem is I've searched everything and can't seem to find anything that would cause a problem:hmmm:

nikbear
02-26-10, 06:58 PM
You won't frickin believe this!!!! I just found an Ubisoft folder lurkin,it had some French stuff in it,a 'Head' file:06:and some other weird stuff:hmmm:
What the dickin's is that all about?:damn:

KL-alfman
02-26-10, 07:37 PM
You won't frickin believe this!!!! I just found an Ubisoft folder lurkin,it had some French stuff in it,a 'Head' file:06:and some other weird stuff:hmmm:
What the dickin's is that all about?:damn:

sounds weird!
is it mayhaps some files relating to starforce?
and where was this folder located? :down:

nikbear
02-26-10, 09:21 PM
I have a starforce free copy of the game,it was in the c:program files folder,god knows what it was doing there:hmmm:Its all a little bit bizzare to be honest:06:

irish1958
02-26-10, 10:43 PM
If you have vista or windows7, there is a folder what contains a backup copy of the game called virtual store. You need to check this folder and make sure that there isn't a copy of the game in it.