PDA

View Full Version : Half a glass

codmander
02-24-10, 09:29 AM
Still even after Subsim review is sh5 good or crap? its the old is the glass half empty or half full guess its all in your likein and personality. Myself I'm a half empty person .But also a realist TOO MUCH CONTRVERY wait n see is the best Even tho. I'm a half empty guy I really belive that sh5...IN TIME will be a great sim

Michal788
02-24-10, 09:31 AM
Still even after Subsim review is sh5 good or crap? its the old is the glass half empty or half full guess its all in your likein and personality. Myself I'm a half empty person .But also a realist TOO MUCH CONTRVERY wait n see is the best Even tho. I'm a half empty guy I really belive that sh5...IN TIME will be a great sim

The only thing what i dont like is the inferface the rest is awesome.:salute:

Steeltrap
02-24-10, 07:40 PM
"Glass half empty"? Pah! I really dislike these cliches.

The only thing you can conclude is, at the time of asking, the size of the glass exceeds current requirements.

Seafireliv
02-24-10, 07:45 PM
I`m sure SH5 is great. maybe. I just haven`t had a chance to review it because no matter how good it is I`m not buying until the DRM is removed. And I was going to preorder when i saw the add in my email! UBI could`ve had my money a week ago!

To me, I simply cannot even look at the game if I know i will not purchase until the DRM is gone even if the Queen herself recommended it.

frenema
02-24-10, 07:50 PM
It was a preview to be exact.

As for the game itself, not much is known about it except for graphics, startrek crew, the UI, DRM, and couple of limitations (43' ending and TypeVII only).

The problem is that Ubisoft hasn't said much about the game nor have they done any real marketing or promotion in efforts to sell their product license. One has to wonder just what more 'surprises' they are hiding so bad that they're not bragging about their new wonderful title the way they did with SHIV.

codmander
02-24-10, 08:06 PM
the dumbing down kinda bothers me another is my pc just making minimum spec wont handle the gwx kind of super mods for sh5

Nisgeis
02-25-10, 05:27 AM
"Glass half empty"? Pah! I really dislike these cliches.

The only thing you can conclude is, at the time of asking, the size of the glass exceeds current requirements.

You can tell more than that. If the glass was in the process of being filled, then at the half way point it is half full. If the glass was full and you have been drinking from it, then the glass is half empty. You could complain if you ordered a pint and the barman gave you a half full glass, but you couldn't complain if you had a half empty one. If the glass is half empty, it also means you've already drunk the other half, so you have had the benefit of half a pint already. If it's half full then you have the benefit of the expectation of having a full pint, unless the barman stops pouring half way through and tried to fob you off with a half full glass. That's a tough choice to make... I think I'll go for the half empty glass though, mmm tasty beer.

In the case of SH5, I think it's going to be half full (modders can fill the rest up) but the glass is going to be a super sized one:

http://www.baronbob.com/giantbeerglass.jpg

Available from: http://www.baronbob.com/xl-giant-beerglass.htm

Even at half full, the game looks like it would satisfy quite a thirst.

the dumbing down kinda bothers me another is my pc just making minimum spec wont handle the gwx kind of super mods for sh5

It will probably take quite a while for the first super mods to appear in all their CPU crushing goodness, so the hardwrae will be cheaper then, or maybe you'll have upgraded anyway. It won't be instant, so there's plenty of time.