PDA

View Full Version : Opera 10.5 beta released

Fincuan
02-22-10, 06:25 PM
A beta version of Opera's next major version, 10.5 has been released. They advertise it again as "The fastest browser on earth", and this time it seems not without merit. I've used the new beta for a few hours now, and it's lightning fast even in normal browsing. Out of the browsers I currently have installed(FF 3.5, Chrome/Iron 3.0, Opera 10.1 and Opera 10.5) it's easily the fastest. It looks like all the tabs are also finally in separate processes, so if one tab crashes it shouldn't bring down the whole browser :yeah:

http://www.opera.com/browser/next/

Syxx_Killer
02-22-10, 10:00 PM
Sounds interesting! I've had Opera installed for quite a while. While I like it, there have been some things I don't really care for. I really like how they are making the tabs a separate process like Chrome and IE8. I've been using Chrome for a while now because of the separate process tabs. Firefox has its work cut out for it.

Tweety
02-22-10, 10:16 PM
Thanks for link.

By looking at the link you posted. It doesn't look like it supports WIN XP.
I guess I will have to join the crowd, and upgrade to win 7 64 bit. Providing my cpu is 64 bit.

Tweety

Fincuan
02-23-10, 05:35 AM
It works on WinXP all right, just doesn't look as good as with 7.

Fincuan
02-23-10, 10:20 AM
I managed to make the new version crash for the first time today, and contrary to what I said earlier the tabs are not in separate processes. It wasn't listed in the new features either. The taskbar menu, which gives you access to any individual tab if you're using 7, just made me think that way.