PDA

View Full Version : Crew management -- I dont get the basics

samos
02-22-10, 10:47 AM
I simply cant figure out how to get started on crew management:
what are you supposed to do with the people listed along the left hand side? ... is that the starting point to assigning people?
then, next, if you drag someone from the torpedo room (for example) to deck gun or to damage control ... does that mean they are no longer available in their original assignment for the rest of the voyage?

most of the postings i've read on crew management assume you already understand the basiuc ... but i cant figure out the basics. i think crew management is probably the most important aspect of the game to undertstand, but for some reason i just cant figure out the fundamentals.

thanks so much.

AVGWarhawk
02-22-10, 11:11 AM
The crewmen on the left are men you can drag and drop if you want a crewman with more experience in that particular compartment. Sometimes you lose men from injury and need to replace them with the available crewmen on the left while in port. If you drag your men around to work the cannon or whatever you can always move them back to the original spot. He is not stuck there for the entire patrol. You can move them anywhere you like. I use my torpedomen for the cannon. When done I move them back to the torpedo room.

Andrew82
02-22-10, 11:20 AM
note that the number of officers and petty officers you can assign on your boat are limited.

Intermedve
02-23-10, 08:58 AM
Hi i have another question for this topic.
Are the abilities changing periodically for everyone or only for me (with gfo)
And if it isnt could you tell me what is the ability changing based on or how does it work?
Thank you and sorry for the stupid question