PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to the Community

Zalym
02-21-10, 09:08 PM
I'm sure this is no big deal to many people here but I just got my first manual targetting kill. It was in the Philippine Sea and the ship was just a lone merchant which I hope will be followed by another in short order as I wasn't in position for the first ship that came by on this track.

I've been lurking here since '07 and have played SH IV on and off but never took off the auto-target. I just wanted to say thank you to the creators of the tutorial videos in the stickied posts even if they are no longer around. I spent the last couple of evenings watching and re-watching your work and they taught me what I needed to know and did so in a way that was easy to understand. Also a big thanks to the admins/mods etc of this site that keep it up and running! :salute:

Also one question for my first posting:
I have the retail box version of this game, if I wanted to get the U-Boat Expansion could I get it from D2D or similar site and have it work, or do I need to go find a boxed copy somewhere?

ReallyDedPoet
02-21-10, 09:15 PM
Welcome to SUBSIM :yep::up:

When it first came out I got UBM from Direct2Drive and had no problems.

Zalym
02-21-10, 11:29 PM
thank you, good to know, that's what I'll do then. :)

magic452
02-22-10, 12:35 AM
Welcome to the boat mate :yeah:
You'll like the U boat addition, much improved game.
Stick with the manual targeting, it gets easier as you go along.

Good luck and good hunting.

Magic

Andrew82
02-22-10, 07:52 AM
welcome aboard! :salute:

RodBorza
02-22-10, 08:35 AM
Woo-hooo!!! :woot:

Congrats on your first kill!

The motto here is: "keep'em on the bottom boys!"

Welcome aboard!

AVGWarhawk
02-22-10, 09:07 AM
It is neat feeling sinking a ship with manual set up for the first time. You will never look back to automatic. :yeah:

I'm goin' down
02-27-10, 12:17 AM
I started manual targeting with Hitman's tutorial. But when the Easy Aob mod was introduced and I sunk a merchant at 4,200 yards, I started throwing things around the boat and almost broke my computer screen!:D

sergei
02-27-10, 11:30 AM
First manual kill sure is a sweet feeling eh? :DL

Zalym
02-27-10, 11:56 AM
yes, yes it is :)