PDA

View Full Version : GWX/sh3commander transfer problems.

jiduthie
02-21-10, 10:36 AM
I'm looking to transfer into the mediterranean in january 42, after one patrol in the 2nd flotilla in a VIIc. I'm hoping to make the trip through Gibraltar myself before patrolling in my new flotilla.

However, I've run into a few problems. If I use the phone to transfer to the 23rd/29th I get no base change message despite it saying "request approved" and it then appears, when checking my file, that I'm now in the 1st flotilla, and upon loading the next mission it says based changed to brest and I find myself sitting off the coast of africa, despite having docked in lorient previously, with a north atlantic patrol grid and orders to return to brest.

Doing a little experimenting, I find if i instead transfer to the 10th flotilla I'm immediately transferred to Salamis, and the next mission has my u-boat docked there.

This all seems to be at odds with the GWX manual which has the 23rd flotilla being based in Greece and the 10th being based in the far east.

I'm assuming the craziness with appearing at the start of the mission off the coast of africa is related to the fact that I'm not using the Indian campaign files, but does anyone know how the flotilla's might've gotten mixed up?

I'm running GWX3 loaded by sh3commander. The only mods I use are the 16km atmo and enhanced damage effects included with gwx and then a bunch of boats from VonDos.

Obltn Strand
02-21-10, 03:14 PM
Just did this my self.
1) Enable GWX Merged campaign mod
2) Drop realism below 100%
3) Sail through Gibraltar
4) When you end patrol sail close to Salamis but not too close.
5) Hit ESC and teleport to your homebase, quess it is in French coast.
6) Apply transfer by phone

That should do it.

jiduthie
02-22-10, 04:22 PM
Cool thanks, I'll try that.

But the game transferring me to salamis with the 10th flotilla (rather than the 23rd/29th as it was historically and listed as such in the manual) isn't something to worry about? Especially trying to transfer to the 23rd/29th and it simply not working had me worried that perhaps something had gone wrong with my installation. Is the flotillas being switched around just a bug in GWX?

Panser
02-22-10, 04:41 PM
I dunno if it's related, but had this problem when I transferred to Wilhelmshaven from Kiel in late 1939.

I did this transfer on the stock game then installed GWX before starting my first patrol from that base. Because GWX didn't like my new location (historically inaccurate), I too got the message about my base being changed and then deposited where the greenwich meridian and equator cross (KM grid FG28). I had to reload my game from the end of the last patrol before I applied to change and it works.

tl;dr - From the experience I had, it sounds like it could be a conflict between start location and availability.

bigboywooly
02-22-10, 05:26 PM
Am guessing you have the GWX specific cfgs for SH3Commander ?
Starrting at 0 Lat/Long indicates a problem somewhere - sometimes using an old career after upgrading to GWX though that can clear itself next time out.

jiduthie
02-22-10, 08:09 PM
yeah i have the gwx specific configs for sh3 commander. GWX was installed over a completely clean sh3 1.4 installation, as in sh3 had never been installed on this particular installation of windows and I had started no careers prior to installing GWX.

You're right though, now that I think of it. It was 0,0 most likely, hadn't noticed. But again, it only happens after I try transferring to the 23rd/29th from lorient, 2nd flotilla. If I reload the save at the end of the previous patrol I can start the next as normal or transfer to the 10th and start, oddly, in Salamis.