PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone tell me where to look

clayp
02-20-10, 02:03 PM
To find the files that can make the view stronger for the binoc's and periscope,deck gun etc and maybe a few hints on what I need to do.

Sailor Steve
02-20-10, 02:26 PM
To start with you need to use S3D, AKA Silent 3ditor. It lets you open up files and adjust them.

My own computer is not available right now, so I can't tell you exactly what to do. I just wanted you to know that somebody was listening. Other, better help will be along soon.

Nisgeis
02-20-10, 02:53 PM
Hi Clayp,

Open cameras.dat (in \data\library) and expand Bode - Dummy_Cam_Binocular, then expand Optical, then click on the second Optical and on the right hand side, expand 'ZoomLevels' and change the number in there. Higher is higher magnification. You can also add extra zoom levels, by right clicking and 'add array item'. Then you'll be able to cyle through mutliple zoom levels, like in the deck gun. The other nodes are sensibly labelled, so should be easy to identify.

clayp
02-20-10, 03:55 PM
Hi Clayp,

Open cameras.dat (in \data\library) and expand Bode - Dummy_Cam_Binocular, then expand Optical, then click on the second Optical and on the right hand side, expand 'ZoomLevels' and change the number in there. Higher is higher magnification. You can also add extra zoom levels, by right clicking and 'add array item'. Then you'll be able to cyle through mutliple zoom levels, like in the deck gun. The other nodes are sensibly labelled, so should be easy to identify.

Thank you so much Nisgeis I will look and see what I can do....:yeah:

Nisgeis
02-20-10, 04:20 PM
Bode should read 'Node'. Stupid fingers. I swear if it weren't for me, they wouldn't be able to spell at all.

clayp
02-20-10, 10:28 PM
Bode should read 'Node'. Stupid fingers. I swear if it weren't for me, they wouldn't be able to spell at all.

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Elder-Pirate
02-21-10, 06:50 PM
To find the files that can make the view stronger for the binoc's and periscope,deck gun etc and maybe a few hints on what I need to do.

Hi Clayp.

This is a pretty good mod by Webster for increasing sight of the periscope, deck gun and a few other things if your interested.

Webster's Free Camera & Scope Fix for v1.4 & v1.5 (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=471)

Make sure you pick the right version if you do use it.

Have fun. :up:

clayp
02-21-10, 11:36 PM
Thank you sir.....:yeah: