PDA

View Full Version : Bug?

propilot45
02-15-10, 11:39 AM
Hello everybody ! i don't come here that often but now i really need your help please .
I have recntly updated my jsgme to the latest version and also downloaded the los angeles class for sh4 1.4.
I though( hope im right) that it was compatible and tried to install it with jsgme but.... it wont' do it : at the very end of the enabling i get the following message :'' Unable to write X:\silent hunter wolves of the pacific\JGSME\MODS\JGSME.ini
I have two other mods : the uss iowa and the ohio ssbn for sh 1.4
What should i do ?
I removed the folders od the iowa and another mod , the red october , but wehn i start the game it shows Red october ,ohio ( normally not enabled) and iowa in the list of subs .
help please !
Specs :WINDOWS 7
2gb ram
nvidia 9600 gt
2,26ghz
Silent hunter 4 v1.4
Greetings from France :salute:

Pisces
02-15-10, 02:32 PM
You have a peculiar place for the MODS folder. Afaik there shouldn't be a JSGME folder in between. The JSGME executable should be in the SH4 base folder, and the MODS folder aswell.

There used to be a version of jsgme that could corrupt your game. But I don't remember which one. But you didn't state your previous version either so this suggestion isn't going anywhere.

I guess the quickest solution is to simply reinstall the game. Little point in salvaging a corrupt install.

propilot45
02-15-10, 02:50 PM
Thanks for the reply!
i don't know if the install is corrupt so i'm just going to try to move the mods folder into the sh4 folder rather than leaving it in the JGSME directory
btw has somebody made a victor or oscar class sub for sh4 because i'm actually looking for one ?

ETR3(SS)
02-15-10, 03:47 PM
It's a WIP. Here's the thread for it.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=161396