PDA

View Full Version : Downed pilot rescue?

boatingbetty
02-14-10, 03:40 PM
Dodging 4 destroyers and entering the convey with a number of carriers and Battleships I crippled a battleship with one torpedo, sunk Carrier with three and two merchants. As I looked through the periscope I saw red/pink smoke. Voice -over said pilot down.
As I cruised to location, surfaced and realised I could not pick him up. While gunners fired at various targets. Almost lost the darn boat.:nope:
Paused game only have a downloaded manual. Not much help. This is my first post.

Torplexed
02-14-10, 03:58 PM
When you see the pink smoke signal, move toward it. When you get within about 100 yards go to "All Stop". Using your binoculars on the bridge, sight the pilot bobbing in the water. The "Rescue Pilot" icon will light and the "+" crosshair in the binocular will turn RED. Click on the icon and the pilot will be rescued. If you don't know how to access the binoculars, while on the bridge, zoom using the mouse wheel and your binocular view will come up.

And welcome to subsim.

Nordmann
02-14-10, 04:02 PM
Nice to know, I just came across one of these missions, and couldn't remember how to grab him. Thanks.

Torplexed
02-14-10, 04:27 PM
Nice to know, I just came across one of these missions, and couldn't remember how to grab him. Thanks.

You're welcome. Love the H.G. Wells quote in your signature by the way. Odd, that the man who wrote The War In the Air and The War of the Worlds couldn't envision submarines as anything but a deathtrap until events proved otherwise. :03:

Nordmann
02-14-10, 05:04 PM
I suppose it's difficult for someone of his era to imagine the application of an undersea boat, especially given the primitive technology of Wells' time. It's a lesson in human ingenuity and perseverance, the supposedly impossible made possible.

boatingbetty
02-14-10, 08:04 PM
Thanks for the help everyone. Im trying to figure how to respond to your information on these post. Does anyone have a problem with the torpedo speed switch?

magic452
02-15-10, 01:47 AM
Just a guess but the Mk.14 is the only torpedo that has two speeds,
so any other torpedo the switch will not move.

Did you get the pilot rescued??

Welcome to the boat mate.
Good luck and good hunting.

Magic