PDA

View Full Version : Need help to restore a saved game

DirtyACE
02-14-10, 01:14 AM
Here's the situation:

I had to use the system restore option in Windows 7. I went to the point just before installing SH4. So I did a fresh install again, then installed the uboat missions pack with 1.5 patch. Then installed JSGME and all the mods that I had installed before, and I made sure to activate them in jsgme in the same order as before. Also prior to system restore, I backed up the SH4 folder in My Documents folder, the one that contains the saved games.

So basically I have SH4 running in the exact same setup as before the system restore, however, I can no longer play my saved games. Every time I try to load a saved game, it simply CTD. I don't understand why this is happening. I've double checked everything, making sure that I'm running with the exact same mods as before.

Can anyone please let me know what I must do to be able to play my saved career again?

Galanti
02-14-10, 11:22 AM
Should work, if you paid close attention to the way you had your previous setup and it sounds like you did. So it's probably something tiny. I've done this a few times before and it works.

Did you install to the exact same path as before?

Did you copy over your entire My documents/SH4 folder or just the desired save game folder? If the latter, make sure you grabbed the RichSaves (or something) folder as well, they're tied to the other save game folder.

Is the game you're trying to load at sea, or in port? Try loading one in port.

Do you have Admin privileges on the Documents/SH4 folder?

DirtyACE
02-14-10, 03:33 PM
Well, I was not completely successful in restoring my saves. I did grab all the files from the My Documents folder, however, as I said before, I could not load any of the saves that were while I was at sea. The game would simple CTD. So I tried loading a save while I was still in port. That worked to a point. I would begin my patrol, then while at sea I would try to save and see if I would be able to load that save. Unfortunately, that save would also result in a CTD, even though it was from a brand new patrol. I still don't quite understand why it's happening. I ended up just uninstalling the entire game and deleting all the files from the My Documents folder. Looks like I'm just going to have to start my career over.