PDA

View Full Version : yo! new to game few questions

iowa101
02-10-10, 07:54 AM
right my questions

1. i have heard through out several posts that you can upgrade ship weaps and so on, how do i do this?

2. i Cpt the uss Iowa and although my ship is sunk it remains afloat, and there is no sign of damage, what do i do here?

3. My Iowa ship, can i run silent mode with surface vessel, also how do i get decoys?

4. How do i patrol?, it says on my objectives to patrol east china sea and attack merchant shipping, i do this and no change, what do i do?

5. i saw on youtube someone walking if you can it that on the deck of their bismarck, how? also how do i get career playable bismarck?

6. how do i create missions, i want to pit iowa against yamato?

peabody
02-10-10, 01:34 PM
right my questions

1. i have heard through out several posts that you can upgrade ship weaps and so on, how do i do this?

2. i Cpt the uss Iowa and although my ship is sunk it remains afloat, and there is no sign of damage, what do i do here?

3. My Iowa ship, can i run silent mode with surface vessel, also how do i get decoys?

4. How do i patrol?, it says on my objectives to patrol east china sea and attack merchant shipping, i do this and no change, what do i do?

5. i saw on youtube someone walking if you can it that on the deck of their bismarck, how? also how do i get career playable bismarck?

6. how do i create missions, i want to pit iowa against yamato?

Welcome aboard Iowa,

1. Question one is not a simple answer. On subs in career mode you get offered new guns and equipment as it becomes available, and you can buy it in port. But a suface ship like the Iowa should have the correct guns on it. If you mean you want to change them, you have to learn how to mod and change the guns in the ships upcge file using guns from the "Library" folder. You will need to download Silent 3ditor (S3D) so you can open the guns_radars.dat file to look at the guns.

2. You may not be actually sunk, you may be damaged so much that the ship will no longer run, all you can do it exit if you can't move to get back to port. Game over. On some surface ships damage will not show because there is no 3D image to show that damage like there is with subs.

3. Silent running and decoys are used to try to hide your sub from Destroyers so you can escape. In an Iowa Battleship, you are not going to be able to hide from anyone. So they will not do any good.

4. If you sere send on patrol you will see a star on the map for where you are suppose to go. Usually you will need to stay within 100 nm of the star for 48 hours to complete the mission. The star will turn grey when you have completed it. Some stars have different distances and times but those are the most common.

5. The men walking on the deck are usually there when the ship is built. The are in the Iowa.eqp file as P01, P02 etc and are placed on the ship with nodes which should see with Silent 3ditor.

6. Here is a link to the Mission Editor guide that will help you. It was written for SH3 but most of the stuff is either the same of similar. Some of the windows look a bit different, but the information is similar.

http://nordfront.org/xvii-downloads/sh3_missioneditor_v15.pdf

I know some of these answers don't really tell you all that you need to know, but it is a matter of learning how to mod a ship and look at what others have done and learn from it. If you are new to modding I would suggest you start with Mikhayls excellent tutorial on cloning a sub, so you will have a 'new' sub to practice with, it is in the sticky in the Mods forum "Tutorial: Adding playable units (basic). The tutorial will end with a playable sub that does not conflict with other subs and will show you the files you need to do it. If you look at the files as you do it, you will learn how all the pieces work together and link to each other to make a sub.
Then get JSGME is you don't have it. (since you are playing the Iowa you may already have it) and you can test you sub as you learn how to add things and change things on the sub you built.

Hope some of this helps.

Peabody

SteamWake
02-10-10, 02:13 PM
Silent mode for a surface ship? That would be pretty awsome ! :salute:

iowa101
02-10-10, 03:43 PM
how do increase the range of my guns, radar and sonar?

can i get depth charges also?

SteamWake
02-10-10, 03:59 PM
Iowa .. no offense intended but you keep referring to a highly modified aspect of the game that was never intended. It is a submarine simulator not a battleship simulator.

Frankly I'm supprised it works at all.

Perhaps if you ask in the modding forum you may get some suggestions. ;)