PDA

View Full Version : GameBooster

FIREWALL
02-09-10, 11:17 AM
I tried this software out and didn't notice any loading time benifit or gameplay difference.

Anyone else tried GameBooster ?

SteamWake
02-09-10, 11:26 AM
Last I heard this was simply a piece of spyware masked as an performance enhancing program.

If your already leaned down (mininimum processes etc) it aint going to do much of anything for you.

You will get better performance increase by defragging your drive or buying more memory.

Dowly
02-09-10, 11:29 AM
I dont believe in these softwares. I dont see how software could make noticable difference. You might get 5FPS more if it shuts down all the unnecessary tasks running in the background but, even then you have to have a good base FPS to get that boost.

For those who's hardware cant cope with the game's requirements, software like this might give you 0.1 FPS more.

Just my 2 million.

Arclight
02-09-10, 12:49 PM
Meh, doesn't do anything that you can't do yourself if you know what you're doing. Running a lean, clean gaming machine makes those kinda progs unnecessary... probably gets better results as well. :DL

Reece
02-09-10, 06:48 PM
Last I heard this was simply a piece of spyware masked as an performance enhancing program.Ouch!! better uninstall quick!:yep: I have tried similar apps, they are just gimmicks!:-? The best one I have tried is Tweak XP Pro, has a memory optimizer & dll unloader that forces any of these to unload, that works well. To test this I had task manager up to one side set on Processors and pressed the optimize button and you can see the memory used, shown in task manager drop dramatically, I do this before running a big game!:up:

Tweety
02-09-10, 10:24 PM
Ouch!! better uninstall quick!:yep: I have tried similar apps, they are just gimmicks!:-? The best one I have tried is Tweak XP Pro, has a memory optimizer & dll unloader that forces any of these to unload, that works well. To test this I had task manager up to one side set on Processors and pressed the optimize button and you can see the memory used, shown in task manager drop dramatically, I do this before running a big game!:up:

Thanks for mentioning the Tweak XP PRO. I downloaded a program called game XP long time ago and have never installed it. There are too many virus hidden inside programs now. it is better to be cautious now a days.

Tweety