View Full Version : The GWX4 team

KING111
02-07-10, 05:11 PM
Bring back the GWX4 team after reading through
the forum and seeing so many people will not be buying
SH5 because of DRM and general Disappointment
in what we have seen of the game is it time to
ask the GWX4 team to finsh the work they had
started as seen on there website ?????????????

Task Force
02-07-10, 05:47 PM
I dont thing GWX is comeing back together... Alot has changed since GWX for sh3. Im sure the team is alot smaller, and has more RL things to do...

Dowly
02-07-10, 05:57 PM
They're not coming back.

AVGWarhawk
02-07-10, 07:22 PM
Play Operation Monsum. I hear great things about it. :up:

LukeFF
02-07-10, 10:35 PM
There's plenty of good mods out there for SH4. You don't need GWX to make the game enjoyable.

Armistead
02-08-10, 12:01 AM
SH4 will be around for quite awhile, the mods just get better and we don't have to worry about servers crashing.

DirtyACE
02-08-10, 12:30 AM
Can someone please give me a shot synopsis about why the GWX team is not coming back together? Did they dissolve or have simply stopped all work on GWX for SH4?

KING111
02-08-10, 06:45 AM
DirtyACE
they stopped working on what looked like a great
mod because of SH5 coming out
i for one will not be buying SH5
i think DRM killed my motherboard
i was installing modern warfare 2
first it said 3 hours to install then 2 hours
then my DVD writer stopped working so i
got a new DVD writer and that did not work either
it was my motherboard :nope:
i am sure if it was not for the the writer struggling
to install modern warfare 2 because of steam and DRM
i would still have a working motherboard:damn::damn::damn:

ichso
02-08-10, 07:01 AM
i am sure if it was not for the the writer struggling
to install modern warfare 2 because of steam and DRM
i would still have a working motherboard:damn::damn::damn:

Better not be too sure, though :88)

AVGWarhawk
02-08-10, 08:59 AM
Can someone please give me a shot synopsis about why the GWX team is not coming back together? Did they dissolve or have simply stopped all work on GWX for SH4?

Work had begun on SH4/GWX. However, when the SH5 trailer was available the team felt best to stop work on SH4/GWX and wait for SH5. IMO, I think it was a good decision as the decision was based on SH5 looking as it did with the first trailer. However, perhaps SH5 may not measure up to what was once thought. Time will tell. Anyway, that is how I understand the story on why GWX stopped work on SH4.

Ducimus
02-08-10, 10:09 AM
There's plenty of good mods out there for SH4. You don't need GWX to make the game enjoyable.

What type of sacreligious crazy talk is this? Of course you need GWX to make the game enjoyable! There are simply no other modders with any semblance of talent, nor any other mods worth playing! You wouldn't think it, but it must be true if you listen to how people talk on subsim! :O:

Dowly
02-08-10, 11:45 AM
Kids say the darnest things, eh? :O:

Alex
02-08-10, 12:07 PM
Play Operation Monsun. I hear great things about it. :up:
Indeed.
I'm actually playing it. ;)

True that. :yep:

And secondarily :

I dont thing GWX is comeing back together... Alot has changed since GWX for sh3. Im sure the team is alot smaller, and has more RL things to do...

Right you are, Sir.

DirtyACE
02-08-10, 01:23 PM
Thanks everyone for filling me in. Haven't been here for a few months, ever since my career in SH3 GWX kept crashing every time I tried to load up a save. I saw that they released GWX3.0 Gold, so hopefully that's more stable in terms of loading saved games. Anyway, I read up a bit on the actual thread regarding the GWX team split up. It's really too bad, however, I will remain hopeful (as some of you) that they will come back together to bring us GWX for SH4. I also read several threads regarding SH5 and it does seem like the game is trying to head into a different direction of sorts. Trying to appeal to more general audience, which in my opinion is a mistake, even though the economics side of things may say otherwise. Watched the latest previews of it and to be honest it just looks sloppy. And the whole DRM issue just makes it even more terrible. From what I've read, this has got to be one of the worst type of DRM implementations to a game. Especially with having to save your games to some server. At this point, I'm not going to be purchasing SH5 either. Just not worth the money, nor the hastle, or the headaches that I'm sure would follow.