PDA

View Full Version : ***AAR*** Task Force spotted, and DEALT with!!!

That's not my dog
02-06-10, 07:40 PM
Sooo, not long after my post about where to find me some ships (Maps anyone?), I was traveling west from Midway towards a patrol area southeast of Palau. I was northeast of the Solomons when I received flash traffic to head to a location NE of an island called Ontong Java Island, 151 20 East 05 25 South.
But here is the good part: My radar guys found a huge task force. On my first engagement I sunk the Shōkakuo. Lucky shot to the starboard bow, followed by a massive explosion. I put two torpedoes each in two other carriers. They were Hiyo type carriers. One of them sank right there. I shadowed the Task Force for a day through horrible weather. During the shadowing, the last carrier eventually dropped out of the group due to damage. I put a single torp in her and down she went.
I continued to trail the Task Force which had numerous destroyers, three light cruisers, three heavy cruisers, and two Kongo type battleships. I trailed them with six torps left. I set up a very close aft torp attack and shot three torps in the first Kongo and sent it to the bottom. I went flank speed and full starboard rudder to bring the sub around. I shot four at the other battleship with three hits and down she went. I sneaked off and I am currently heading home. Tonnage is around 143,000 and change. I apologize for the lack of details as I am at work and not in my sub. But I wanted to get this report out. I will update it tomorrow with more accurate information.
I know, I know.. BE MORE AGGRESSIVE! :salute:

Here is the updated info:
Task Force attacked on Jan 31st.
Shōkakuo and Hiyo sunk @ 159 40 E 3 05 S
Other Hiyo sunk at 160 58E 4 02 S

Feb 1st
Two Kongos sunk at 162'34 E 3'3 S

magic452
02-07-10, 01:53 AM
Good find. :yeah: and nice shooting.

Fun isn't it. :woot:

Magic

Task Force
02-07-10, 01:58 AM
HAA! WHAT!!! oah... not me. lol

good job.:up:

Inner Sound
02-07-10, 06:03 AM
Man, you really want to stop pussyfooting around, would be my advice.