PDA

View Full Version : Contact Reports In GWX 3.0 gold

ryanglavin
02-06-10, 06:11 PM
Hey friends!

Quick question,
I sent out a contact report, and BdU reported back "Don't be afraid to attack, we have logged it" such and such. So what happens after I report it? will more u-boats come or was it just a little factule of fun?

Sailor Steve
02-06-10, 06:16 PM
Just fun, though the Luftwaffe might show up sometimes. Basically it replaces "Be More Agressive!" with a little variety.

KL-alfman
02-06-10, 06:17 PM
in my (German) version the answer is always:
"Fühlungsmeldung erhalten. Dranbleiben!"
(contact report received. stay in contact!)

AFAIK chances are great that (when in the near of a base) the Luftwaffe will appear to help you out.
if other boats will show up? I really don't know. and I doubt that apart from distraction they are great help because they just attack surfaced.

(pls correct me if I'm wrong)

ryanglavin
02-06-10, 06:25 PM
Thanks for the help guys! Because i would love to see 10 u-boats attack a convoy on the surface in daylight. Would be good laughs.

Jimbuna
02-07-10, 09:14 AM
No AI U-boats will come to assist because they are scripted to travel on a pre-determined route.

The game will however throw an imaginary dice if there is an airbase equipped with aircraft of an adequate range in the vicinity.

ryanglavin
02-07-10, 11:03 AM
No AI U-boats will come to assist because they are scripted to travel on a pre-determined route.

The game will however throw an imaginary dice if there is an airbase equipped with aircraft of an adequate range in the vicinity.

What do you mean by adequate range? like 1000 Km or so?

Jimbuna
02-07-10, 11:54 AM
What do you mean by adequate range? like 1000 Km or so?

All the aircraft have different ranges so for example, if the airbase was home to the Spitfire and you were 500 miles away, that would be beyond the range of that aircraft.

Now it would be a different matter if there were Sunderlands based there....well within their range.

ryanglavin
02-07-10, 12:53 PM
All the aircraft have different ranges so for example, if the airbase was home to the Spitfire and you were 500 miles away, that would be beyond the range of that aircraft.

Now it would be a different matter if there were Sunderlands based there....well within their range.

Ah I see what you mean. Is there a page on subsim with the range of aircraf that could come and assist you?

bigboywooly
02-07-10, 01:38 PM
Ah I see what you mean. Is there a page on subsim with the range of aircraf that could come and assist you?

Program Files\SilentHunterIII -GWX\data\Air then open each aircraft and look at its cfg will give you its range
Dont think anyone has knocked up a chart giving them

Or open the Mission Editor and open the LND layer
The circles will give you the range of a particular airfield

North sea and Norway as well as the channel are the best covered
Med\Black sea also at diff times of the war
You have to be fairly close to the coastline in the Atlantic to get any air help

Below is 41 to 42

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h22/bigboywooly/aircover41-42.jpg

ryanglavin
02-07-10, 02:43 PM
Thanks wolly! I was in a tad bit heap of trouble.