PDA

View Full Version : Time in Base?

sergei
02-02-10, 01:37 PM
Just started a new career. Was putting it off to see what SH5 turned out like, but for one reason and another that is not going to be possible for me (and yes I do know that this is not the forum to discuss the reasons!)

Just finished my first patrol, really enjoyed it, SH3 + insert supermod name of your choice here does have something that grabs you by the short and curlys.

Anyway, I was just wondering what other Kaleuns using SH3 Commander have their time in base set to. I know I can randomize it, but after a few instances of 4 or 5 days I think I would rather just specify a time myself. That seems rather short to me.
I am leaning towards 3 weeks myself. Seems about the right time to me.

So Kaleuns, what do you have yours set to?

Obltn Strand
02-02-10, 02:23 PM
Same as you, around three weeks. More if I have taken serious damage during patrol or changing a submarine.

Kapitanleutnant
02-02-10, 02:41 PM
Anyway, I was just wondering what other Kaleuns using SH3 Commander have their time in base set to. I know I can randomize it, but after a few instances of 4 or 5 days I think I would rather just specify a time myself. That seems rather short to me.

Between September 1939 and the 1st January 1940 Otto Kretschmer undertook 6 war patrols, with an average of about 7 days between each patrol. You can read this on uboat.net, and it wasn't unusual. There was very short turnaround time between patrols in the early days.

As the war went on the time spent in base increased, and SH3Commander does reflect this - it says itself that the numbers are based on real historical averages.

sergei
02-02-10, 02:50 PM
As the war went on the time spent in base increased, and SH3Commander does reflect this

Oh, I didn't realize this. I thought it was just a number picked randomly (ie. 1-28 days)? Based upon this I may go back to Commander picking the number for me.

EDIT: Yeah, I know. I should RTFM!
Thanks for the info Kaptainleutenant.

Sailor Steve
02-02-10, 04:26 PM
Random for me. I've had turnarounds as short as five days and as long as thirty.

Falkirion
02-02-10, 06:16 PM
All my turnarounds are 20 days and thats a value set by myself in SH3 cmdr. Unless I've incurred damage in which case I'll make it a minimum of a month, longer if the damage is serious.

utops
02-02-10, 06:28 PM
Random in the past,now 7 days only,to observe early war days mostly on sea

Wreford-Brown
02-02-10, 06:46 PM
Random. SH3 Commander adjusts the random values to reflect historic turnaround times - that works for me.

sergei
02-03-10, 06:08 AM
Thanks for all the replies. I think I'll be going back to this
Random. SH3 Commander adjusts the random values to reflect historic turnaround times