PDA

View Full Version : patch help

loudmouth
02-01-10, 12:19 AM
i have windows xp and tried to patch my dvd version of sh3 whith the 1.4b patch.i have two problems.the patch i downloaded at ubisoft says it is 1.4b but the error message i get when i try to install it says it is patch 1.3.the error message says the de_menu.txt is a unknown version.i didnt have this problem a couple of years ago when i bought the game.

could someone explain how to fix this?i dont have starforce whatever that is.

KL-alfman
02-01-10, 12:37 AM
known issue.
just a typing error, in fact this patch is the v1.4b!
about the txt-file I don't know anything.

irish1958
02-01-10, 09:16 AM
If your disk is starforce free, then it is probably already patched to v1.4b. Check the loading screen for the version number.
If it is not patched, then delete the file de_menu.txt in the folder SilentHunterIII/data/menu and the patch will install.

Pisces
02-01-10, 12:20 PM
There are different versions of the patch. There is a US version and a European/Asia/MiddleEast version. Make sure you downloaded and applied the right one to your game.

Laufen zum Ziel
02-01-10, 02:24 PM
All patches are at subsim downloads.

von Zelda
02-01-10, 03:13 PM
i have windows xp and tried to patch my dvd version of sh3 whith the 1.4b patch.i have two problems.the patch i downloaded at ubisoft says it is 1.4b but the error message i get when i try to install it says it is patch 1.3.the error message says the de_menu.txt is a unknown version.i didnt have this problem a couple of years ago when i bought the game. could someone explain how to fix this?i dont have starforce whatever that is.

1) Don't worry about the 1.3 vs 1.4 issue; it is the 1.4!

2) You didn't say but I'm guessing you're doing an SH3 reinstall after an uninstall.

You are getting the de_menu.txt error message because the uninstall does NOT remove all the old SH3 files; there is a conflict with files in the 1.4 patch.

To solve problem: Do a search for the Silent Hunter subdirectory under Program files. (this is the path: program files/ubisoft/silent hunter/etc.) DELETE the Silent Hunter subdirectory. This removes the left over files that conflict with the install of the 1.4 patch. Now, reinstall SH3 and then 1.4 patch. It should work fine.

Ek
07-19-10, 10:28 PM
I have a completely fresh install of SH3. I've never had it installed before and there were no old files to delete. Still, I too get the "de_menu.txt is a unknown version" error while trying to apply the 1.4b patch. I just noticed that in the lower right corner of the game screen, I see v 1.4. Does that mean my DVD was pre-patched and my game already has the most current update?

Thanks

HW3
07-19-10, 10:45 PM
Yes it does, you're good to go.

FIREWALL
07-19-10, 11:44 PM
Yes it does, you're good to go.

What he said. :yeah:

Ek
07-20-10, 06:24 AM
Great! Thanks. I've been trying for three days to get help with this from UBISoft Support. You guys did it in minutes. Sweet!:up:

Sailor Steve
07-20-10, 07:30 AM
On the main loading screen you should see the version in the bottom right corner, and it should say '1.4'.

Oh, and WELCOME ABOARD!:sunny:

irish1958
07-20-10, 07:53 AM
Do you mean that Ubisoft didn't help with a problem?:damn:
That has never happened before:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Jimbuna
07-20-10, 09:46 AM
Great! Thanks. I've been trying for three days to get help with this from UBISoft Support. You guys did it in minutes. Sweet!:up:

You've come to the right place for SH help.... http://www.psionguild.org/forums/images/smilies/wolfsmilies/welcome.gif

Sailor Steve
07-20-10, 09:48 AM
You're dripping with sarcasm.

You really should wash that off before your girlfriend complains. :D

frau kaleun
07-20-10, 09:54 AM

He prolly should ask her first. Some of us find it attractive. :O:

Jimbuna
07-20-10, 03:02 PM

http://www.psionguild.org/forums/images/smilies/wolfsmilies/ROFLMAO.gif http://www.psionguild.org/forums/images/smilies/wolfsmilies/ROFLMAO.gif http://www.psionguild.org/forums/images/smilies/wolfsmilies/ROFLMAO.gif

irish1958
07-20-10, 04:25 PM

I can't. My wife has my cell phone with all my girlfriends' numbers in it.
Then she hit me with a golf club (and I thought nobody could hit a 3 iron) so I jumped into my Caddy Escalade and ran into.........
AHH you have all heard that before.

irish1958
07-20-10, 04:27 PM
Why does my avatar make me look like I am having an hemorrhoid attack?