PDA

View Full Version : Map contact notes?

MetalMania
01-27-10, 04:13 PM
Getting back into SH4 after a while (never really got that far before to be honest) and have a question. In the manual it says you can modify the names of and make notes for map contacts. I can't figure out how to do this, it would be a huge help even if I could just attach the date and time of initial report so I could plot out some rough distance over time courses and estimate some potential intercepts. Otherwise if I'm coming back into a patrol (like I am now) that I started several months ago I've got a bunch of reports marked on the map but I don't know how old they are. Actually I wish that was a standard feature for map contacts - including the time of report with the estimated speed and course.

sergei
01-27-10, 04:17 PM
I'm afraid you have been lied to.
Either it was a feature that never made it into the game. Or someone just plain made it up.
Sorry. :cry:

Ducimus
01-27-10, 04:19 PM
>>. In the manual it says .....

If not for the fact that you can use it as a drink coaster, or as a shim to sturdy up a wobbly table leg, it would be completely worthless.

MetalMania
01-27-10, 04:23 PM
Well, that's a shame. Seems to be almost a no-brainer to have, at least to me. I guess whoever made it up works for UbiSoft - it's listed in the manual that comes with the game! Guess I'll have to keep a pad and pencil handy during my patrols. Hmmm, maybe I can print out a Pacific map and cover it with a plastic sheet and use a dry erase marker for that kind of thing.