PDA

View Full Version : SH3 source code question

Laffertytig
01-27-10, 09:32 AM
hi,

i wonder if theres any chance the source code for SH3 could ever be purchased so that a new supermod could be created without any hard coded limits?

two sims that i know of where this has happened are allied force which usede to be falcon 4.0 and also over flanders fields which used to be combat flight simulator 4.

im sure most people here would happily pay for such a mod/game.

SH3 is gettin dated now, could this ever happen?

Hitman
01-27-10, 09:40 AM
With UBI willing to see everyone spend their money in Sh5, I doubt it very much.

And in any case, I think the cost would be prohibitive. I know someone who asked some time ago Vivendi for the cost of licensing Aces of the Deep to make a remake with modern features and the asking price was absurd.

Gilbou
01-28-10, 07:38 AM
Will never happen. And if it does it will be so far in the future it will be useless. Even abandonware today we don't have the sources for 99.9999 % of it.

HundertzehnGustav
01-28-10, 01:45 PM
OFF?

OFF is based on CFS3.
There never was a CFS4.

Laffertytig
01-28-10, 02:42 PM
OFF?

OFF is based on CFS3.
There never was a CFS4.

yep your right, i stand corrected:yeah: but u get the idea of what i meant.

maybe the source code wouldnt be required. the guys who created OFF dont have access to the source code but they purchased the game engine and have done wonders with it.

FIREWALL
01-28-10, 03:03 PM
I remember sometime back reading that Microprose was makeing a comeback.

If they are . How about a new Sub Simulator to get them off the ground ? :woot:

BulSoldier
01-28-10, 03:45 PM
I would like to see westwood and troika games to come back, but sadly the best ones go down first.(microprose included)

HundertzehnGustav
01-28-10, 04:20 PM
yep your right, i stand corrected:yeah: but u get the idea of what i meant.

maybe the source code wouldnt be required. the guys who created OFF dont have access to the source code but they purchased the game engine and have done wonders with it.

WHATT have they done?

Microsoft didnt sell the other two CFS engines... or the third one's code.
WTF, can you send me a few links i can read that on?
seems unbelievable to me. I know they were pretty tough guys but SUCH a move i would not say its true unless i see that woith my own eyes.