01-25-10, 01:58 PM
:woot:

SILENT HUNTER 5 - Interview

YOUTUBE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyS9X3Kggvo&feature=related

Brag
01-25-10, 02:26 PM
Copied from another thread:

QUOTE=elanaiba;1245644]Free roaming will be possible any ship sunk, even if unrelated to the currently assigned patrol objective, may count towards completion of campaign goals. And bring further developments.[/QUOTE]

Good stuff :DL

oscar19681
01-25-10, 02:42 PM
:woot:

SILENT HUNTER 5 - Interview

YOUTUBE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyS9X3Kggvo&feature=related

This interview was posted a month ago allready.

Kapitanleutnant
01-25-10, 02:49 PM
I hate that guy.

He ran over my dog.

Twice.

And by "dog" I mean "son".

urfisch
01-25-10, 03:26 PM
we will see...

they already spoken a lot of big words before the release of sh3 and sh4. many things where not to come as promised.

i do not give a coin about that, told there. lets wait for a preview of the final version or the game itself. i learned, that most of the things, shown or spoken before a release are marketingtools.

and marketing often lies.

elanaiba
01-25-10, 03:41 PM
I dont lie to you. Sometimes I may make mistakes. You may not believe me - after all, if I was lying, would I be admitting it? - but its how it works.

However, the reality of game development is this:

1) people want to know as much as possible about the game as soon as possible and DEMAND TO KNOW

2) things that are in plan or in development sometimes don't work or have to be cut out from release version for other reasons (stability, lack of one element).

Thats why you always see disclaimers such as WIP or "subject to change" on published preview material.

But FREE ROAMING IS IN and STAYS IN.

Now, to Tomi & co, jokes aside, remember there's a whole team behind Silent Hunter (3,4,5 and of course the games before that). Dan is just my little name.

Deep Dive
01-25-10, 03:54 PM
...FREE ROAMING IS IN and STAYS IN...

:yeah:

I really think the Devs care about this community
Do you think someone FORCED Dan to join subsim and post?

I also believe that besides any commercial success they want to make SH5 so that is accepted by this community as the best one in the series

I wish Dan and the rest of the devs all the best in this task :up:

AVGWarhawk
01-25-10, 04:15 PM

And that my friend is the basis to a good simulation concerning subs/uboats. I can dig the mission directive. Really man, go to grid B42 and patrol get old quickly as in SH3. Go to grid B42 fast convoy # due date/time! Best speed! A bit more than just going to a grid on the map for 24 hours. Be more aggressive! Yeah, thanks BDU :stare:

Mission Editor??????????????

piri_reis
01-25-10, 04:37 PM
Mission Editor??????????????

Gosh, that's the key to everything, it must be in :hmmm:

Ships-R-Us
01-26-10, 02:02 AM
I dont lie to you. Sometimes I may make mistakes. You may not believe me - after all, if I was lying, would I be admitting it? - but its how it works.

However, the reality of game development is this:

1) people want to know as much as possible about the game as soon as possible and DEMAND TO KNOW

2) things that are in plan or in development sometimes don't work or have to be cut out from release version for other reasons (stability, lack of one element).

Thats why you always see disclaimers such as WIP or "subject to change" on published preview material.

Now, to Tomi & co, jokes aside, remember there's a whole team behind Silent Hunter (3,4,5 and of course the games before that). Dan is just my little name.

Thank you sir for that wonderful post. You just keep 'em straight over there.

Tomi_099
01-26-10, 03:27 AM
Thanks Dan and Ubisoft employee, you make a great job!
No doubt!:up:

dcb
01-26-10, 04:06 AM
Thanks for the words, Dan. I know it from good source :03: that you guys really love the game and are doing everything you can, but there's always time constraints, PR constraints and above all, MONEY constraints. And the negativism here isn't really as bad as it may sound, it just reflects the many hopes of many people (mine included:yep:) about the game. Some will come true, some won't. Anyway, best of luck to you & the team:salute:

aandreei2002
01-26-10, 05:37 AM
I hate that guy.

Me too. He's brutal!:D

limkol
01-26-10, 07:23 AM
Dan's got a cat. And a T-shirt with a cat on it. So have I. But no T-shirt. Dan's ok.

spiksy
01-26-10, 07:37 AM
looks like he is a heavy metal dude............UP THE IRONS DAN :DL

piri_reis
01-26-10, 07:57 AM
Must be busy and stressfull days for the devs..
Best of luck Dan & co :salute:

Uber Gruber
01-26-10, 08:46 AM
Could we rename this Thread "Gush Weekly" or "Pussies Galore" ?

AVGWarhawk
01-26-10, 08:49 AM
Pussies Galore

I subscribe to that magazine. Do you? :hmmm:

elanaiba
01-26-10, 08:53 AM
Could we rename this Thread "Gush Weekly" or "Pussies Galore" ?

Are you trying to tell me something?

Alex
01-26-10, 09:02 AM
:rotfl2:

John Channing
01-26-10, 03:58 PM
Are you trying to tell me something?

Now that was funny!

JCC

Uber Gruber
01-27-10, 09:29 AM
How would you know JC ?

Onkel Neal
01-27-10, 09:31 AM
How would you know JC ?

Do you think you can be a little less impolite? :hmmm: We're trying to have a friendly conversation here. Thanks.

Uber Gruber
01-27-10, 11:15 AM
What is wrong with my post ?

EDIT: Oh, I see, I missed a comma....sorry. Has anyone read "Eats, shoots, and leaves" ?