PDA

View Full Version : Preview/In game video

AVGWarhawk
01-25-10, 11:42 AM
Sorry if posted already. Looks new to me http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/62031

Players decision/actions affect the game play.

danlisa
01-25-10, 11:49 AM
Nice to see that the underwater forests in the Med are still bearing plants that are the same scale as a ships hull.:rotfl2:

Nitpicking FTW.

Nice Vid. Although I'm pretty sure I have seen the German version of this somewhere.

AVGWarhawk
01-25-10, 11:52 AM
It has a few issues like the seaweed but overall, it looks very nice graphically. Game play remains to be seen. :salute:

fromhell
01-25-10, 12:29 PM
250 convoys isnt many, sounds like im being finniky, but the modder chap who made ops munson, which is very very good, i think he said there were about 4000 convoys during the war.
i hope this isnt going to be mission based,or enything like it.:wah:

Snestorm
01-25-10, 12:35 PM

This appears to be the case, which is another reason why I'm staying clear of it.
That's OK, as I like SH3, and this will save me a-lot of money in computer upgrades.

urfisch
01-25-10, 01:27 PM
seems to be the old "dynamic campaign" vid...but thanks...

Anchorman
01-25-10, 06:36 PM
Right, not the right place, but not really worth a new thread, so just a couple of questions?

1) How come you suddenly have to be registered to view the SH5 (this) forum now?

2) Why have the threads sort of mirrored themselves, ie, for the first post you have to scroll down to the bottom?

Thanks for the time guys.

Fire
01-25-10, 06:48 PM
In the new german game Magazine "Gamestar" is a preview for SH5

I haven't read it yet, but there are some Infos in the german Forum coming up slowly.

One is this:

Was mich mehr besorgt ist die Info aus der Gamestar, dass die Besatzung teilnahmslos im Boot rumsteht und kaum animiert ist.http://forums-de.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3431013487/m/6901047497/p/3 (its from kamp40, scroll down)

Free Translation:

What's bothering me most is the Info from Gamestar, that the Crew is standing apathetic in the boat and very little animated

Other info in another thread, this time from a preview video for premium-mebers from that magazine.

Conclusion in the Video:

Es gibt eine sogenannte Ubisoftkrankheit, d.h. sie haben in ihren Spielen der letzten Jahre immer eine tolle Spielwelt gehabt, super Grafik, super Atmosphere ...aber sie nicht vernünftig füllen können. ...So ist es leider auch bei Silent Hunter 5 wieder der FallFree Translation:

There is a so called Ubisoft-sickness, this means they had a great world in their games in the last years, great graphics, super animations, but they can not properly fill it. Unfortunately it's the same with SH5

P.S. Maybe some of the german users are premium members to that magazine and can watch the video and give us more informations.

Link to Video:

http://www.gamestar.de/index.cfm?pid=1589&pk=13333

Méo
01-25-10, 06:49 PM
Right, not the right place, but not really worth a new thread, so just a couple of questions?

1) How come you suddenly have to be registered to view the SH5 (this) forum now?

2) Why have the threads sort of mirrored themselves, ie, for the first post you have to scroll down to the bottom?

Thanks for the time guys.

Welcome aboard Anchorman.:salute:

1) I don't know, send a private message to one of the moderators of this forum or directly to Neal.

2) It is in your options.

Lanzfeld
01-25-10, 06:56 PM
Duh..... what did people expect? You have to know that there would be very little crew movement or you would see looping very quickly in their actions.

Did anyone REALLY think this would be a soap opera in the sub with hours of dialog and movements?

kapitan_zur_see
01-25-10, 08:30 PM
Duh..... what did people expect? You have to know that there would be very little crew movement or you would see looping very quickly in their actions.

Did anyone REALLY think this would be a soap opera in the sub with hours of dialog and movements?

There could be something inbetween one or two looping forever animations like in SH3-4 and a whole space opera :-?
One the fear I had of the one or two looping animations going on forever looks to be real :wah:

As for the rest, don't forget that the people at gamestar are very very likely not to be some sub sims enthusiast and therefore, it's biased and of little use to us (hell, judging by the screenshots and the lazer deckgun showing through, they're playing at very beginner level!! so how would you expect a detailed account on the manual TDC and overall realistic behavior of SH5 world!?). I remember from general gaming french websites that SH4 had some very good reviews, at least as good as SH3 but useless for a simmer! It's like when I buy flightsims... I don't even bother to read general gaming magazines reviews as they're useless as to cover facts usefull to me, an hardcore/mid-hardcore simmer! Better wait till some review emerge from a simulation dedicated website, as people from general gaming are FPS/RPg/action players and often don't really knows what they're talking about or are overly happy with it just because it looks very realistic to their ignorant eyes, or worst, because they just playtested it for a mere 3 hours (often the case, it shows off through their reviews). With all due respect, to each his own, as we say...

If it was a preview from simhq.com or combatsim.com, i would have gladly taken a second look at it...

Seeadler
01-25-10, 08:39 PM
P.S. Maybe some of the german users are premium members to that magazine and can watch the video and give us more informations.

There is nothing new to see in the video, two presenters talk about SH5 and some scenes from the well known campaign trailer are shown.

The preview-version tester reported that one can move through the whole sub like in a first person shooter, but the crew only looks silent through you as you were invisible and they could not see you. According to the testers there are no talks as they were shown in the first launch trailer. In any case in this version he played he could not converse with the crew and the crew has not talked to him.

In the end they still talked about a German Gaming-Press buzzword, the so-called Ubisoft disease, wich means that Ubisoft lately produce good-looking games on the market which has all the great graphics and fantastic atmosphere like Assassian Creed, FarCry2 or Prince of Persia but had offered playful little short content. Then the tester said that is unfortunately be the case again with SH5 and there is much room for improvements for a Silent Hunter 6.

JScones
01-25-10, 08:42 PM
Can we tell how old the preview copy was? Alpha? Beta?

Seeadler
01-25-10, 08:55 PM
Can we tell how old the preview copy was? Alpha? Beta?
It has been reported nothing so far. The Gamestar wrote today that they received a preview version and will test it the next days in preparation for a own preview for their print issue in Feb.

bigboywooly
01-26-10, 10:03 AM
250 convoys isnt many, sounds like im being finniky, but the modder chap who made ops munson, which is very very good, i think he said there were about 4000 convoys during the war.

Try over 18000 covoys throught the war

http://www.convoyweb.org.uk/hague/index.html

Uber Gruber
01-26-10, 10:08 AM
Wobbly cartoon graphic is turning towards us captain. What shall we do now Sir ?

a) Panic.
b) Bin this whole crew interaction idea.
c) Show our fans how much we dont listen and continue with it.
d) Become a gushy optimist who loves everyone.

Please select a suitable answer for UBI ? :arrgh!:

V.C. Sniper
01-26-10, 05:06 PM
it says that there are brit u-class subs in the game that you can attack

Kretschmer the IV
01-26-10, 05:21 PM
it says that there are brit u-class subs in the game that you can attack

yesss.. A reason to buy it!
Guessing they attack each other submerged like in the movie U571 :yep:
And the torpedo scratches along the conning tower... :yeah:

V.C. Sniper
01-27-10, 04:58 PM
lol

Leandros
01-27-10, 05:22 PM
Try over 18000 covoys throught the war

http://www.convoyweb.org.uk/hague/index.html
I think what they mean is 250 convoys which shall repeat themselves. Which is what they do in SHIII as well.

bigboywooly
01-27-10, 05:26 PM
I think what they mean is 250 convoys which shall repeat themselves. Which is what they do in SHIII as well.

Well that will be interesting
Wonder what series they will be running

Although as only 4 years of war you would have thought more convoys would have been done individually
I guess some are as in the case of Pedestal etc

psykopatsak
01-27-10, 05:28 PM
sinking submerged subs is actually fun. i once played a sub vs sub battle online in SH3. i won >:-D

Safe-Keeper
01-27-10, 05:41 PM
That's how I interpreted it as well.