PDA

View Full Version : Hello! a new captain need help

gta-man
01-23-10, 11:08 PM
hello all :ping: i want to know if there is a mod to make the timeskip run at more than x8 when my crew spots an unknow ship.

Sometimes i need to travel in allied zones at fast time but the crew spots a friendly and they put the timeskip to x8 again :nope:

Thank you and sorry for my english :up:

Armistead
01-23-10, 11:22 PM
Not sure what you mean..If a ship is spotted it drops back to 8, but you can speed it back up using time compression all you want....

G2B
01-24-10, 12:21 AM
You should also be at the navigation map to get above 32x but if your crew keeps spotting more ships it will keep dropping to 8x can be a bit annoying when leaving or entering safe ports but just keep hitting the + button till you get clear. Good Luck :salute:

VonHesse
01-24-10, 12:21 AM
Not sure what you mean..If a ship is spotted it drops back to 8, but you can speed it back up using time compression all you want....

I think he's asking if there's a mod to disable that feature (that it drops to 8x).

@ gta-man

I've never heard of one, but I'm still pretty new. Sure sounds dangerous, though. That feature has saved me more than once, though it can be annoying at times.

Don't know if it's possible to mod, but I'm sure someone else will be by with the answer to that. Good luck :salute:

magic452
01-24-10, 12:43 AM
One thing that can help a little is to turn off your surface search radar.
BUT remember to turn it back on once you're clear of traffic.

Magic

Munchausen
01-25-10, 12:49 PM
:cool: You can adjust your time compression ... but the same adjustment works for both friendly and enemy contacts. And I doubt you want to be skirting through enemy convoys at high TC.

Armistead
01-25-10, 01:26 PM
Think the only one exist is by Webster and only works for near land and ports...not sure what ver.
It basically slows or lags out because your PC is reading all the info. You would have to have a powerhouse to keep high TC with lot's of contacts...government stuff.