PDA

View Full Version : If there is more than the Type VII......

USS Sea Tiger
01-23-10, 09:15 PM
Hi All

If there is more than a type VII U-boat, why is it so hard for Ubisoft to confirm , yes, there is and what else there is? why no photos.
I have seen page after page of speculation, but nothing more.

ETR3(SS)
01-23-10, 09:36 PM
It's my understanding that the Type VII is the only boat in the game. And that's straight from the devs mouth.

Platapus
01-23-10, 09:42 PM
We can only go on what information Ubi chooses to release.

Snestorm
01-23-10, 09:48 PM
The variouse Type VIIs are it for now.

Hopefuly Ubisoft will change their minds, and include the Type IXs, but this is completely their decision. (I personaly think it would have a major impact on sales, but again, it's their call).

JU_88
01-23-10, 09:51 PM
Im curious to know when the decsion was made?
Can it be that they really have NO Type 9 and Type 2 model work in there studio at all?

What I dont get is that I'd have though the player vessels would be the one of first things the artists would concieve, not the last! :hmmm:
I wonder if they have Exterior models of the missing Uboats, just not the full interiors & Conning tower versions?
In which case I'd kind of half expect to see the Type II & Type 9 as NPC models in the Museum or campaign.
The type 9d2 from SH4 was a perfectly good model, why an earth would they not re-use it?

The decion to go Type VII only, must have been taken to avoid an additional two full U-boat interiors.
both this and the missing final two years of the campaign suggests one of two things:

They ran out of time
or
There were not enough artists or campaign scripters working on the project. (budget)

Kptlt_Lynch
01-23-10, 09:59 PM
Well, it's not a full campain... why have a full set of U-Boats.

Makes sense to me!.... NOT

razark
01-23-10, 10:14 PM
Im curious to know when the decsion was made?
Can it be that they really have NO Type 9 and Type 2 model work in there studio at all?

What I dont get is that I'd have though the player vessels would be the one of first things the artists would concieve, not the last! :hmmm:
The decion to go Type VII only, must have been taken to avoid an additional two full U-boat interiors.
both this and the missing final two years of the campaign suggests one of two things:

They ran out of time
or
There were not enough artists or campaign scripters working on the project. (budget)

Or it was a design decision from the begining so they could focus on the high level of detail of the Type VII. They never told us what types of boats would be in until a few days ago. It was only a community assumption that let us think there would be a full set of boats in the game.

Snestorm
01-23-10, 10:16 PM
I don't know, JU88.
The Type VII only, and the premature ending, are the biggest belly aches, and the two biggest obstacles to sales. The decision to leave ommitt these two things makes absolutely no sense to me. It's truely baffling.

With the cat out of the bag, they're faced with some tough decisions.:

1: Dump the project (Very doubtful).

2: Release it as is, and take a significant sales loss.

3: Delay release, invest some more time and money, and add the missing types.

4: Delay release, invest more time and money, and add the missing types and years.

I would recommend #4, but it's their call.

CaptainHaplo
01-23-10, 10:27 PM
The reasons for limited scope are numerous - but one major one is marketing. Before the release - in the hyping of the game in the major media outlets for such, expect to read/see info about "additional content" DLC packs. Subs, new ships, time frames, etc. Everything we see so far points to that.

JU_88
01-23-10, 10:28 PM
I don't know, JU88.
The Type VII only, and the premature ending, are the biggest belly aches, and the two biggest obstacles to sales. The decision to leave ommitt these two things makes absolutely no sense to me. It's truely baffling.

With the cat out of the bag, they're faced with some tough decisions.:

1: Dump the project (Very doubtful).

2: Release it as is, and take a significant sales loss.

3: Delay release, invest some more time and money, and add the missing types.

4: Delay release, invest more time and money, and add the missing types and years.

I would recommend #4, but it's their call.

Bear in mind that none of the above are decisions that the dev team could make.
If they wanted to delay for some more time, they would have asked for it by now - and probably had it denied too.

Webster
01-23-10, 10:34 PM
expect to read/see info about "additional content" DLC packs. Subs, new ships, time frames, etc. Everything we see so far points to that.

if this is true i can imagine we will see bugs in these ad-on DLC not to mention how it effects the ability to use mods when everyones games has different content and you cant share DLC stuff in mods

Snestorm
01-23-10, 10:34 PM
Bear in mind that none of the above are decisions that the dev team could make.
If they wanted to delay for some more time, they would have asked for it by now - and probably had it denied too.

Good point. I hope somebody in a responsible position sees the writing on the wall, and makes the right decision.

Make a good product, and sales will take care of themselves.
Make a shoddy product, and allienate many customers permanently.

Webster
01-23-10, 10:52 PM
Hi All

If there is more than a type VII U-boat, why is it so hard for Ubisoft to confirm , yes, there is and what else there is? why no photos.
I have seen page after page of speculation, but nothing more.

yes its only type 7 uboats, all this is covered in neals interview so if you still have questions after reading that then only when we get the game will we know