PDA

View Full Version : The most important thing i learned from subsim

Ships-R-Us
01-22-10, 10:22 PM
I have been a welcomed member here for only a short time. SH1.5 is the first computer game I have played. I did not read the forum rules when I signed up. This site has been an ongoing personal experience and lesson for me. I felt just fine at the beginning of my membership. As I read and learned I became aware of things that are way deeper and more meaningful than playing a game. A personal issue has been bothering me deeply since about two weeks into my membership, so much so I sent "Rockin Robbins" two "pm's" referencing the issue. I encourage Neal Stevens and the moderators to view them.

I have learned a real lesson in ethics. I read the forum rules for the 1st time a day or so after the "pm's" to Rockin Robbins. Since then I saw the good character, good will, and efforts by all of you here eminating nothing but the highest standards of morality in the support and defense of all what SUBSIM is and stands for, and for months I knew I was lacking severely. The long ongoing guilt has eaten at me constantly.

I uninstalled SH1.5 today, and burned in a real fire in my backyard the pirated copy I was playing with. I saved my mods and will be very quickly purchasing a legit copy to enjoy with full piece of mind.

I can't go on being a hippocrat with a guilty conscience. The display of character, morality, and genuine kindness on this site got to me in a personal way, and more deeply when I opened my SUBSIM gift from Neal today and looked at it.

Yes, I learned a lot from you here, mostly a deep and meaningful personal lesson. I know I learned this lesson because of what SUBSIM, and its members are.

I would rather see this thread stand alone without posts, as replys are not necessary. Inside everyones heart is a proper reply already stated and understood clearly by me.

In no way is this an effort to grandstand. I believe most know that. This is just me, and how I chose to deal with the most important thing I learned from SUBSIM, which "IS" all you great people. Thank-you for reading......Doug

vanjast
01-24-10, 09:10 AM
Welcome.. Honesty and integrity can only make the world a better place.

:yeah: :salute:

breadcatcher101
01-24-10, 09:35 AM
RR plus many others helped me out when I first started with all my questions. This is a good bunch here and a very wise group as well in world issues. Just read General Topics and see.

SteamWake
01-24-10, 09:51 AM
Dosent this belong in the general section?

Arclight
01-24-10, 02:52 PM
Meh, it's about SH4 as well, is it not?

Good post Doug. :salute:
A tribute to SUBSIM. I'm glad it managed to bring you over from the dark side and into the light. :D

The dark side can be so very tempting. :yep:
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj2/EZatHome/191129199067Dark-Side-Cookies.jpg

FIREWALL
01-24-10, 03:36 PM
That was a great post Doug :up:

I have a friend who hasn't "bought" any software in two years and brags about it.

While he's welcome in my home "his" software isn't. :yep:

As stoopid as it sounds I like buying my stuff. :DL

So do you. :salute:

Sailor Steve
01-24-10, 07:19 PM
They say confession is good for the soul. I'd say yours is already good.

Welcome home.:sunny:

Ships-R-Us
01-24-10, 08:36 PM
I am posting this to announce that I was contacted by a member from this site who has chosen to send me a legal SH4 Gold this week. I am completely blown away by his generosity which is a continued example of the character present here at SUBSIM.........Ships...

If I receive permission from the donor I will certainly post his identity.

Ships-R-Us
01-24-10, 11:25 PM
Because he has no objection and I think it honorable to publicly recognize G2B for his generous act of kindness and understanding, it is now that I make his identity known. Once again, another "stand up" member here at SUBSIM has gone beyond and demonstrated his willingness to help a member in need.

To "G2B" I give heartfelt thanks for your act of kindness and generosity.

I believe people such as "G2B" should be publicly honored by the members here @ SUBSIM.

This shows the beautiful family that Neal has rasied over the years, now 40,000 children strong. Neals family is now at a strength where he can now wipe out a third world country..........Ships...

magic452
01-25-10, 02:18 AM
Ships, again welcome to the boat mate. Proud to have you aboard. :salute:

Magic

Ducimus
01-25-10, 02:06 PM
Welcome.. Honesty and integrity can only make the world a better place.

:yeah: :salute:

And trust me when i say, that there is absolutely no one , or no thing within this community that is worth compromising your integrity over.

Been there, done that. Eats at me every day i've been apart of this community since the launching of GWX 1.03. I should come clean with my dirty laundry, if only to clear my concious.

Ships-R-Us
01-25-10, 04:34 PM
Quoted by Ducimus:

"Been there, done that. Eats at me every day i've been apart of this community since the launching of GWX 1.03. I should come clean with my dirty laundry, if only to clear my concious."

Hey Duc... I don't have to remind you that there is dirty laundry everywhere, and this site has its share also. I'm positive that the achievements and contributions you have donated to this community outweigh any transgressions. That "Best of Subsim" award you received reinforces what I said. It certainly came with a price which you have paid.