PDA

View Full Version : FPS Dynamics

tonibamestre
01-22-10, 04:33 AM
I wonder if like FPS Captains we are going to be limited to move just around our sub.Would be interesting the capability to walk out the vessel via a bridge once at port or jump into another ship(just on deck of course).Also,open freedom of movement around the submarine piers and shelters would be desirable.

Lanzfeld
01-22-10, 10:00 AM
Well I never wanted it to be "SH-5: Shipyard Explorer".

I just wanted it to improve the things that the series hasnt gotton right in 4 other attempts.

Kapitanleutnant
01-22-10, 10:02 AM
As long as I can get a Luger and shoot Johan for being shameless it'll be A+++ Game of The Year.

frau kaleun
01-22-10, 10:51 AM
As long as I can get a Luger and shoot Johan for being shameless it'll be A+++ Game of The Year.

But... but... then who's gonna lead the team in getting all those leaks stopped later when you're sitting on a shovelful of sand 280 m down?

JScones
01-22-10, 10:58 AM
Makes me think...

When you start a patrol, will you be expected to walk from the dock to your U-boat? If so, imagine this scenario (replace mental image with Type VII U-boats):

http://www.maritimequest.com/warship_directory/germany/u_boats/ww1/u_20/u_boats_kiel.jpg

Now, I wonder, what would happen if you hopped into the wrong U-boat?:hmmm:

:D

Mikhayl
01-22-10, 11:15 AM
I guess your key wouldn't open the hatch :D

JScones
01-22-10, 11:18 AM
:har:

frau kaleun
01-22-10, 11:29 AM

:rotfl2:

And you can just forget about getting that Luger out of the kommandant's cupboard!

JScones
01-22-10, 11:43 AM
"Sh!t, IWO, do you know what blasted aisle we parked the boat in?"

Kapitanleutnant
01-22-10, 11:44 AM
But... but... then who's gonna lead the team in getting all those leaks stopped later when you're sitting on a shovelful of sand 280 m down?

Dead unnder Gibraltar Strait or dead on the quayside at La Rochelle. It's all dead, dead, dead. :cry:

walsh2509
01-22-10, 11:52 AM
That got me thinking , not so much walking about the pier but I think there should be something like a Cutscene with medals being presented instead of them just appearing in a box.

frau kaleun
01-22-10, 11:57 AM
"Sh!t, IWO, do you know what blasted aisle we parked the boat in?"

Well, you're gonna need to mod in a more modern dealer-supplied keychain. Just press a button, and the hatch on your sub pops open while you're still coming down the dock. Voila!

Flashing running lights and horn honking optional.

Nickolas
01-22-10, 12:42 PM
*walks nicely towards the shipyard to ask for a certain torpedo to be loaded*
WILD FRENCH RESISTANCE FIGHTER APPEARED!
*random fight music plays*
player used punch.
it was super effective!
wild french resistance fighter fainted.
player gained 20xp.
oh, player has ranked up... player is now a Korvettenkapitän.

:doh:

longam
01-22-10, 12:52 PM
Well, you're gonna need to mod in a more modern dealer-supplied keychain. Just press a button, and the hatch on your sub pops open while you're still coming down the dock. Voila!

Wouldn't it be easier to look for the pink sub?

frau kaleun
01-22-10, 12:55 PM
Wouldn't it be easier to look for the pink sub?

Nah, pink's not really my color. Clashes with the nail polish.

I was thinking maybe a nice bright "I BRAKE FOR CONVOYS" bumper sticker on the side of the conning tower.

Lanzfeld
01-22-10, 01:12 PM
Mine is the one with the low, loud base music thumping from inside yo.:yeah:

Onkel Neal
01-22-10, 01:15 PM
Makes me think...

When you start a patrol, will you be expected to walk from the dock to your U-boat? If so, imagine this scenario (replace mental image with Type VII U-boats):

http://www.maritimequest.com/warship_directory/germany/u_boats/ww1/u_20/u_boats_kiel.jpg

Hahah :har: Post of the Week!

frau kaleun
01-22-10, 02:07 PM
Mine is the one with the low, loud base music thumping from inside yo.:yeah:

So that's where the Kriegsmarine band went. Good grief, man, where do you put them all? The tuba player alone must take up an extra bunk and a half.

FIREWALL
01-22-10, 02:20 PM
Makes me think...

Just think of the horse laugh you'de get if you miss the next boat and land in the bay. :haha:

Hartmann
01-22-10, 03:36 PM
Well could be nice the possibility to call for help if your boat has heavy damage and jump to another u-boat when it comes to the rescue. :hmmm:

Snestorm
01-22-10, 03:41 PM
Well I never wanted it to be "SH-5: Shipyard Explorer".

I just wanted it to improve the things that the series hasnt gotton right in 4 other attempts.

This is the direction they should have taken.
There are still plenty of things wrong with prior releases that have NOT been fixed.

GertFroebe_neu
01-22-10, 03:57 PM
I really like the first person perspective feature. Some other aspects of that game make me sad.

JScones
01-22-10, 06:00 PM

"Blip blip"...Ah, there it is.

Sgtmonkeynads
01-22-10, 06:12 PM
"Bernard....go out and start the sub!"
3 min. latter.......
HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK......

frau kaleun
01-22-10, 06:36 PM
3 min. latter.......

:har:

Das Gespenst
01-22-10, 06:38 PM
Who needs FPS dynamics? All I need are my sweet, sweet engines.

lorka42
01-22-10, 07:47 PM
3 min. latter.......
Alternatively, 800m away from the destroyer/merchant convoy you've spent an hour creeping up on at PD "Bernard, dont sit on the keys!!!!"
HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK...............PING PING PING PING.

Takeda Shingen
01-22-10, 07:51 PM
*walks nicely towards the shipyard to ask for a certain torpedo to be loaded*
WILD FRENCH RESISTANCE FIGHTER APPEARED!
*random fight music plays*
player used punch.
it was super effective!
wild french resistance fighter fainted.
player gained 20xp.
oh, player has ranked up... player is now a Korvettenkapitän.

:doh:

Heheheheh :up:

Nickolas
01-22-10, 09:50 PM
Heheheheh :up:
i'm glad that someone liked it :D

d@rk51d3
01-22-10, 10:20 PM
Maybe a little GTA style?

Sneak undetected into enemy harbours, pop out of the hatch, run down the pier and hijack an enemy vessel.

TarJak
01-22-10, 11:53 PM
GTUB? Great Idea for a game. Let's put togethre a storyboard and pitch it to Ubi!

You start off in an abandoned dockyard near Keil and have to work you way up to knock Onkel Karl off his perch before May 1943!

As you progress through your dynamic campaign you unlock newer and better u-boats to hoon around the high seas causing mayhem and death wherever you go.

d@rk51d3
01-23-10, 02:50 AM
GTUB? Great Idea for a game. Let's put togethre a storyboard and pitch it to Ubi!

You start off in an abandoned dockyard near Keil and have to work you way up to knock Onkel Karl off his perch before May 1943!

As you progress through your dynamic campaign you unlock newer and better u-boats to hoon around the high seas causing mayhem and death wherever you go.

2 great minds think alike. :yeah: