PDA

View Full Version : SHIII Commander demoted me O.o

psykopatsak
01-21-10, 02:40 PM
after i got a brand new Type XXI, i decided to have a crack at the task force coming home after operation tungsten. so i waited there in ambush, and managet to sink HMS Duke Of York, HMS Illustrious and HMS Indefatigable. the las one with homing torps aimed for the HMS Anson, which sadly slipped away.

after getting the boat's precoius equipment badly mauled and running short on battery after the chase (i had to keep up with the damaged Indefatigable until she sank to be sure i got the sinking) i returned to base to find a letter on my desk adressed to Kapitänleutnant Martin that i've ben "promoted" to Oberleutnant Zur See!

long story short: I miss my rank :(

Edit: and does someone know why both my sonar operator and my radio-operator decided to spontaneously die after that! it was not any flooding issue, i think because i just had some other randoms put at their stations there, and everythin worked perfect...

Hitman
01-21-10, 03:03 PM
Be more agrressive!!!! :arrgh!:

psykopatsak
01-21-10, 03:09 PM
GIVE ME MORE TORPS! :arrgh!:

those things were moving at 30-something Knots! one salvo per ship:damn:

Sailor Steve
01-21-10, 03:34 PM
Commander had nothing to do with it. You had to 'buy' that XXI, which costs renown, and rank is renown-based. If you spend more than it takes to maintain rank, you get 'demoted'.

SH3 stock game bug noted five years ago.

Jimbuna
01-21-10, 03:55 PM
Precisely why you should get better aquainted to little miss 'Delta' http://www.psionguild.org/forums/images/smilies/wolfsmilies/pirate.gif

psykopatsak
01-21-10, 06:59 PM
Ah, that explains the lot. that's the thanks for destroying half the RN >_>

now THAT's a retarded part of the renown system. but with the XXI, i'll debug it in no-time :yeah:

problem is though, its so darn fast that my torpedo sollutions get all wrong. i have to remember to stop dead before i can shoot something up. or match speed/course...:ahoy:

JScones
01-21-10, 08:55 PM
Commander had nothing to do with it. You had to 'buy' that XXI, which costs renown, and rank is renown-based. If you spend more than it takes to maintain rank, you get 'demoted'.
:up:

SH3 stock game bug noted five years ago.
Yet one still always attributed to SH3Cmdr, despite the readme, FAQ...sigh.

psykopatsak
01-22-10, 03:04 AM
haha, well, i dunno why i said it was commander, come to think of it... the message and demotion was in SH3, not commander:hmmm:

Vipper
01-23-10, 06:46 AM
How it is possible that such a obvious bug (or error in concept) did slip through their fingers? Did they lack any test players?

Well, i don't care my rank, i care new shiny sub...

psykopatsak
01-23-10, 05:58 PM
yes, thats obviously a rather obvious bug. i will work hard with my XXI to correct it. :salute: