PDA

View Full Version : Rearm Problems

AFIntel
01-20-10, 02:36 AM
All,

Please help!! I have scoured the forum for anyone else who's had my problems but don't seem to find the solution. :damn:

First off, I'm running SH4 (1.5) with the following mods:

RFB 2.0
RSRDC_RFB_V575
RSRDC_V5xx_Patch 1
EAX_Sound_Sim
TGT DIALS TO PK FIX

I am assigned to S-44 (SS-155), an S-42 class. I am assigned to Brisbane (TF 42/72). I completed my first patrol Apr/June '42, sinking a small tanker and returning to Brisbane with a single Mk X torp in the tube.

I want to depart Brisbane for my next war patrol in Jul '42, problem is: I'm refuelled, but not rearmed with torpedoes (I did get rearmed for the deck gun).

Brisbane shows as the home port (tilted anchor).

I have clicked the "dock" button and selected rearm and refuel ("I must remain in port for at least 4 hours"). At the end of 4 hours - still just the single torpedo. Click again and select "rearm and and refuel" - ditto.

Stay 8 hours - nothing. 24 hours - nothing.

Auto torpedo loading on or off - no difference.

Changed the crew around in the torpedo room - no good.

Sailed to Darwin and repeated the above steps - no help. I arrived at Darwin with >50% fuel and it refuelled me, but not rearmed.

I've reviewed the documentation for RFB and RSRD but haven't found any "hints" or "rules" that I should follow.

I'm pretty sure it's not a bug, just something I'm missing.

What is it I'm missing????

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

JREX53
01-20-10, 10:34 AM
First of all, Welcome to SubSim!!

When you are in port one of the steps you have to take before departing on your next patrol is to load your torpedoes manually.

While the S-Boats only use Mk10's, when you get to the newer boats you will have the choice of a wider range of torpedoes (Mk 10, 14, 18, 27), so this allows you to choose the load out that you want.

Hope that helps.

Armistead
01-20-10, 10:40 AM
Yep, you have to do it manually, not sure about RFB, but with most Supermods and stock, go to your torp room, you hit refit, it should fill all the torp spaces but the tubes. You then drag one torp to the tube and it should automatically fill all tubes. You then have to refit again to fill the empty spaces....so just remember, refit, drag torps to tubes, refit again to fill all spaces. Many just refit once and go back out with a sub half filled.

KlassenT
01-20-10, 10:50 AM
Yep, the SH4 rearm procedure will ONLY refill your torpedo reserve stock, and won't actually put anything into empty tubes. The procedure is to re-arm, manually reload your tubes from fresh stock, then re-arm once again before leaving. Note that you don't have to wait for your tubes to FULLY reload, as soon as you order the reload by dragging one of your fish from the stock into the tube, it will disappear from your reserves. As long as you have at least the transparent torpedo image in the tube that signifies the tube is being loaded, you're fine to finish up your refit and continue your patrol; the tubes will almost always finish reloading by the time you establish a hostile contact. :up:

Wilcke
01-20-10, 11:05 AM
All,

Please help!! I have scoured the forum for anyone else who's had my problems but don't seem to find the solution. :damn:

First off, I'm running SH4 (1.5) with the following mods:

RFB 2.0
RSRDC_RFB_V575
RSRDC_V5xx_Patch 1
EAX_Sound_Sim
TGT DIALS TO PK FIX

I am assigned to S-44 (SS-155), an S-42 class. I am assigned to Brisbane (TF 42/72). I completed my first patrol Apr/June '42, sinking a small tanker and returning to Brisbane with a single Mk X torp in the tube.

I want to depart Brisbane for my next war patrol in Jul '42, problem is: I'm refuelled, but not rearmed with torpedoes (I did get rearmed for the deck gun).

Brisbane shows as the home port (tilted anchor).

I have clicked the "dock" button and selected rearm and refuel ("I must remain in port for at least 4 hours"). At the end of 4 hours - still just the single torpedo. Click again and select "rearm and and refuel" - ditto.

Stay 8 hours - nothing. 24 hours - nothing.

Auto torpedo loading on or off - no difference.

Changed the crew around in the torpedo room - no good.

Sailed to Darwin and repeated the above steps - no help. I arrived at Darwin with >50% fuel and it refuelled me, but not rearmed.

I've reviewed the documentation for RFB and RSRD but haven't found any "hints" or "rules" that I should follow.

I'm pretty sure it's not a bug, just something I'm missing.

What is it I'm missing????

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Also, get yourself RFB 2.0 Patch1 which is up on the download section if your interested.

RFB 2.0 Patch: (re-enables chart contacts)

http://www.filefront.com/15270501/RFB_2.0_Patch1.zip

and what does that last active mod on your list do? Are you sure it does not interfere with things in RFB?

Armistead
01-20-10, 12:31 PM
The last mod is part of the easy AOB mod...great mod and shouldn't be a problem as long as you're running the right version. I would run both mod's to get the full benefit of using both dials. I would check to see if you're running the right version as mine states.
TGT AOB TO PK FIX - TMO
TGT DIALS TO PK FIX - TMO

I run TMO, but seems the RFB mod ended with RFB, unless you just didn't enter that part. You may be OK, just double check.

peabody
01-20-10, 01:08 PM
Yep, you have to do it manually, not sure about RFB, but with most Supermods and stock, go to your torp room, you hit refit, it should fill all the torp spaces but the tubes. You then drag one torp to the tube and it should automatically fill all tubes. You then have to refit again to fill the empty spaces....so just remember, refit, drag torps to tubes, refit again to fill all spaces. Many just refit once and go back out with a sub half filled.

I also can't speak for RFB, I don't use many mods, my machine won't handle some of them.
But I know for stock, to refit, I refit, hit the auto reload button to turn it off, and hit it again to turn it on and it reloads all tubes, then refit a second time. So unless you want specific torpedoes in certain tubes and faster then drag and drop into the tubes. At least in stock.

Peabody

AFIntel
01-22-10, 09:01 PM
...the SH4 rearm procedure will ONLY refill your torpedo reserve stock, and won't actually put anything into empty tubes.

No go. :wah: I hit rearm and refit and nothing changes on the torp screen. After waiting for (game) hours in port, the only torpedo on the boat is the one I came home with from the last cruise in tube #2 (and nothing on the racks).

Once I learn how to post screen shots, I show the steps I'm taking to refit the boat. Part of the refit and rearm occurs (refuels and restocks gun ammo), but not one torpedo is loaded onto the boat (in reserve or in the tube). I am going to start a new campaign in a different type of boat to see if it affects all boats or just S-boats.

Has anyone else come across this problem before?

ETR3(SS)
01-22-10, 09:29 PM
OK I think I understand the problem here. Prior to leaving for you next patrol, you must manually rearm your boat in port. There's no refit or rearm button to hit. you have to click the submarine model on the captains desk and then click on the torpedo tab. From there you can drag and drop the torpedoes you want into the empty spaces. If you fail to do this or forget, you can not load those spaces by refit/rearming while at sea but "in port."

razark
01-22-10, 09:40 PM
OK I think I understand the problem here. Prior to leaving for you next patrol, you must manually rearm your boat in port. There's no refit or rearm button to hit. you have to click the submarine model on the captains desk and then click on the torpedo tab. From there you can drag and drop the torpedoes you want into the empty spaces. If you fail to do this or forget, you can not load those spaces by refit/rearming while at sea but "in port."

Usually when I return from a patrol, before I dock, I rearm, drag torps to the empty tubes, and rearm again. That way, I've got a full set of torps on board, and I don't have to spend the time clicking and dragging to rearm in port, and I won't forget and leave with nothing but the deck gun ready for action.

Saves me some time and trouble.

ETR3(SS)
01-22-10, 09:41 PM
Usually when I return from a patrol, before I dock, I rearm, drag torps to the empty tubes, and rearm again. That way, I've got a full set of torps on board, and I don't have to spend the time clicking and dragging to rearm in port, and I won't forget and leave with nothing but the deck gun ready for action.

Saves me some time and trouble.Yep I usually do the same thing. There's no penalty for returning to base with a full load of fish. :salute:

AFIntel
01-22-10, 11:02 PM

:yeah: That fixed the problem! YOU ROCK!! Throughout the hours I worked through the problem, and with all the things I tried, dragging and dropping torps into the boat did not enter my mind. Thanks again for everyone's assistance!