PDA

View Full Version : Boat won't move

VacantName
01-19-10, 11:57 PM
Hi, new here. Got SH3 about a week ago from Steam, and liked it so much I quickly followed it up with SH4 a couple of days ago. :yeah:

Am playing through Career mode (Porpoise, Asiatic Fleet, '41 start) and have got to late March 1942. By this point Manila and Surabaia have both fallen to the Japs, and I received a radio message informing me that my base had been switched to Fremantle, Australia. Well, I've done just about all I can for this current patrol, and decided to head home to end patrol.

Problem is this: a short way south-west of Timor, my boat just stopped. Won't budge. When I try setting speed, all I get is 'Cannot comply'. No matter which direction I try to move in, or what speed I try to set 'Cannot comply'.

:damn:

What the hell is going on here? Am I missing something? Or did UBI decide to include mutiny in the game? :-?

Torplexed
01-20-10, 12:12 AM
What does your fuel gauge say?

Capt. Morgan
01-20-10, 12:19 AM
Hello and welcome.

I assume you are playing the stock game?

Two possibilities come to mind.
First, while there's no mutiny in SH-IV, there is exhaustion. If you forget to take your crew off of battle-stations they will eventually cease to function. If that's the case, just end battle stations and hope the IJN doesn't find you before your crew have caught up on their sleep.

Another possibility is running out of fuel. Steaming at Flank speed greatly reduces your mileage, and recharging your batteries also uses a lot of fuel. I believe you're out of luck if that happens.

If neither is the case, I'm sure other more knowledgeable people will be by.

VacantName
01-20-10, 12:34 AM
Hello and welcome.

I assume you are playing the stock game?

Two possibilities come to mind.
First, while there's no mutiny in SH-IV, there is exhaustion. If you forget to take your crew off of battle-stations they will eventually cease to function. If that's the case, just end battle stations and hope the IJN doesn't find you before your crew have caught up on their sleep.

Another possibility is running out of fuel. Steaming at Flank speed greatly reduces your mileage, and recharging your batteries also uses a lot of fuel. I believe you're out of luck if that happens.

If neither is the case, I'm sure other more knowledgeable people will be by.

Still have 52% fuel left.... seems to last forever if you go at about 10 knots :D

Heh..... Just checked and you were bang on the money..... I'd left my crew on battlestations when there's no threat. For the third time today. Stupid me. :oops:

Thanks for the help :up:

Capt. Morgan
01-20-10, 01:16 AM
Heh..... Just checked and you were bang on the money..... I'd left my crew on battlestations when there's no threat.

Yes, well I think you can guess how I came to be so familiar with this situation.

Good to hear you're enjoying the game, and that you have fuel. Freemantle is a long haul.

Cheers, welcome aboard, and hope you get out of blighty soon.:salute: