PDA

View Full Version : so here i am near colombo

Daisai
01-19-10, 09:46 AM
Just sunk a cruiser being chased by 3 destroyers, cant sink them because they keep moving however even though im silent with my engines turned of on the bottom of the sea to reduce the effect of active sonar.
They can easily spot me in matter of seconds....
Sad to see that after 4 tries silent hunter still fails and making the gameplay a bit realistic.

moment like that makes you which there was a godmode since its clearly bull**** a ship from 1930 can spot a submarine better then ships from 2000+

ETR3(SS)
01-19-10, 09:52 AM
As I'm sure you've figured out by now the only way to reduce the effect of active sonar is to not be within it's detection range.:up: Having served on a submarine myself, I would be very surprised if a subsim gets it anywhere near realistic. But until then I suggest using one of our many mods to enhance your gameplay realism.

Daisai
01-19-10, 10:27 AM
just need a mod which enables me to have a bit more h2o2 so i can outrun the destroyers to some deeper water.

jerm138
01-19-10, 10:38 AM
just need a mod which enables me to have a bit more h2o2 so i can outrun the destroyers to some deeper water.

Hydrogen Peroxide? :hmmm:

Daisai
01-19-10, 10:40 AM
been trying out that silent 3ditor so increase the range.
Works ok sometimes only sometimes the ship just doesnt do anything.
Increasing the range up to like 20000 at 50 knots and it basicly do anything anymore.

Right now im just using that tool to increase the speed of the sub up to 50 knots or so only when i do that the sub just doesnt want to move.

Inner Sound
01-19-10, 01:05 PM
I think one of the things sonar operators were trained for was to recognise submarine sized lumps sitting on the bottom. If you're broadside on you'll make a good echo for a ping coming from an approaching hunter. Specially in shallow. You need to present your slim little backside to them and creep away at 2/3.

When you're back in your homebase office you can adjust the gameplay to give unlimited air. Click the radio on the shelf.

Good luck.

ETR3(SS)
01-19-10, 01:44 PM
been trying out that silent 3ditor so increase the range.
Works ok sometimes only sometimes the ship just doesnt do anything.
Increasing the range up to like 20000 at 50 knots and it basicly do anything anymore.

Right now im just using that tool to increase the speed of the sub up to 50 knots or so only when i do that the sub just doesnt want to move.
I used this propulsion system on my 688i mod and have had no problems with it. In fact I have it set for 1 million miles @ 37kts.