PDA

View Full Version : Anyone had this mission in TMO RSRD?

Bubblehead1980
01-16-10, 08:04 PM
File on good career I had going in TMO RSRDC July 1944 got corrupted somehow and failed to load, so started a new career with a Balao with SubPac in October 12, 1944.

Op Order was to support the invasion of Leyte by heading a 50 NM patrol area at the south end of Formosa Straits since intel says IJN fleet will sortie(as we know they did) to repel the invasion, looking for that decisive battle.Op Order said keep a 12 knot SOA to arrive by 20 October 1944 but had to speed up to 16 knots for half of the trip to arrive on time.

Just wondering if anyone has had this mission before and found IJN fleet units? I could open up the files with the ME I suppose but prefer to not know that much detail.

Just curious if anyone has had this mission and found anything.Thanks in advance.

VonGlaus
01-16-10, 09:18 PM
Why yes, as a matter of fact. That was the start to the best (and worst) SH4 experience I've had.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=158119

No, I never found the IJN ships in the patrol area. But as soon as the timer expired and I high-tailed it to the invasion area, I had all sorts of fun.