PDA

View Full Version : You're all going to end up buying it.

Ducimus
01-16-10, 12:02 AM
EDIT:
In light of this:
http://www.subsim.com/ssr/sh5/preview_sh5_jan2010.php
Type 7 only, ends in 43 - I stand corrected. In a nutshell, Das boot the video game ending in 43. Fully rendered interiors and spiffy graphics isn't enough of a carrot incentive considering the limited career game options.

--------------------------------------------

And all the nay saying, worrying, drum beating, finger pointing, horn blowing, name calling, and forum lobbying isn't going to amount to squat. The crack that is eyecandy will be too much to resist. Like an addict suffering from withdraw, you're all going to end up buying it at some point. Just sayin'.

Castout
01-16-10, 12:08 AM
Nah...

you don't know me . . .there's little that I hate more than a Silent Hunter 3 wannabe . . .which flop . . .:mad: even when the title uses silent hunter something too in it. From what I've seen I'm not impressed . . . if that auuugha auugha whistle is of any indication....

conus00
01-16-10, 12:12 AM
I, for one, agree with Ducimus. We will all buy it, eventually... :D

Ducimus
01-16-10, 12:21 AM
A fully rendered interior in 3D guarantee's it. Just not everyone will admit it.

conus00
01-16-10, 12:25 AM
^Not only that but after it was modded to oblivion (no S.T.A.L.K.E.R. pun intended :D) it might, just MIGHT, be as good as SH3.....

Snestorm
01-16-10, 12:37 AM
Quite frankly, it's not looking good.

Castout
01-16-10, 12:54 AM
A fully rendered interior in 3D guarantee's it. Just not everyone will admit it.

I admit I can't resist Napoleon Total War due to its playability and massive scope :DL.

As for SH V make it right or bye bye. I'm a real fan of sub warfare so if it's going to be arcade it's like a heresy to me :shifty: with or without full 3D interior. Don't even like that pointing the mouse will OUTLINE usable tools and crews.

Méo
01-16-10, 01:04 AM
Before buying it on release, I want an answer to these:

1) Will there be other type of boat than the type VII ?
2) Will there be AI operated boats forming wolfpacks ?

If the answer is No to these two questions, then I'll be reconsidering it.

Seriously, don't you think it would be ABSURD to FOCUS ONLY on the TYPE VII AND IGNORE WOLFPACKS???

Task Force
01-16-10, 01:11 AM
Hmm, ya know, where did all this VIIC only stuff start. hmm...

Well, In the end UBI is UBI, they will do what UBI wants to do and how they want to do it... Guess they know some will buy the game...

Méo
01-16-10, 01:15 AM
Ok, only type VII, no wolfpacks...

What's next??? only able to play in Norway??? :-?

Task Force
01-16-10, 01:18 AM
I edited the post.:up: after starting to wonder where the VIIC stuff started... now looking into it... Im getting alittle on the huh side.

Well, Im guessing, that the VIIC will be the only boat with a full interior, and the other boats (if there is any) will only have the norm... (it will have other boats, but mainly focus on the VII class.)

Sailor Steve
01-16-10, 01:26 AM
Nah...

you don't know me . . .there's little that I hate more than a Silent Hunter 3 wannabe . . .which flop . . .:mad: even when the title uses silent hunter something too in it. From what I've seen I'm not impressed . . . if that auuugha auugha whistle is of any indication....
People keep bringing up the klaxon. They've already said it would have a real German voice set.

Anyway, I'll be sure to remind you of this when you do buy it.:sunny:

IanC
01-16-10, 02:20 AM
Ok, only type VII, no wolfpacks...

Whaaat?? I haven't been reading the threads much, are these two things official?

Méo
01-16-10, 02:30 AM
Whaaat?? I haven't been reading the threads much, are these two things official?

About the Type VII, check this: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?p=1236994#post1236994

About wolfpacks, it doesn't look good, from community Q&A (and no news since then):

Will there be any AI operated boats forming a Wolfpack?

There will be AI operated boats. Wolfpack mechanics are under consideration. This is something we always wanted to do but we want to do them properly so there’s a question if we’ll be able to fit them before release.

IanC
01-16-10, 02:35 AM
danke

kiwi_2005
01-16-10, 02:35 AM
And all the nay saying, worrying, drum beating, finger pointing, horn blowing, name calling, and forum lobbying isn't going to amount to squat. The crack that is eyecandy will be too much to resist. Like an addict suffering from withdraw, you're all going to end up buying it at some point. Just sayin'.

Yep.

Its not like theirs other devs out there making sub sims, its not a popular game where one day ww2 sub sims could die out completely. So I say grab whatever they offer us!

Wolfling04
01-16-10, 03:40 AM
Agreed, Everyone will but it, Even though there are sinking bars and damage bars above the ships, even though the scope view is crowded with a mini map, and EVEN though its going to have an arcade feel to it, everyone will buy it, ya know why?

Because everything that the videos have shown thus far can be modded out/turned off.

The full 3d Interior, and the vastly improved graphics sells the game. Yes there will be some hardcore SH3 players and maybe a few hardcore SH4 players, but I am willing to bet a months salary that 95% of people are going to buy it at some point or another.

Yep.

Its not like theirs other devs out there making sub sims, its not a popular game where one day ww2 sub sims could die out completely. So I say grab whatever they offer us!

Amen Sir!

urfisch
01-16-10, 05:00 AM
sooner or later...i bought sh4 in the gold edition with uboat missions for 10 bucks...2 years after release. so you might do not know everybody here...and thank god, there are a lot of possibilities to play the game, before buying it.

Reece
01-16-10, 06:01 AM
Even though I purchased SH4 (later UBM) installed it half dozen tries giving up each time, I will still purchase SH5 (pre-order) to give support to UBI for follow up patches as well as future versions, I only hope they iron out all the hard coded bugs, other things can be modded later!!:yep: I loved SH3 but it is getting old now and have grown to love wide screens and better graphics detail!:yeah:

Kavok
01-16-10, 06:06 AM
Damn right I'm buying it, and a new PC to run it on. If it's halfway between Doom 3 and SHIII (as it looks from the sceens and trailer) then I'm struggling to think how it could suit me more.

Dead excited!

Decoman
01-16-10, 06:25 AM
I look forward to a digital download.

With exception of Dragon Age, which turned out to be a mess for me, as they start to process but do not allow to finish the order to people outside USA and such, I have become customed to purchased games and download them via the internet.

danlisa
01-16-10, 06:41 AM
Perhaps. After all I did end up buying SH4 & UBM from the bargin bins for £5 each, so anything is possible.

Mikhayl
01-16-10, 06:49 AM
I bought SH4 + UBM and ended up never playing it, so for SH5 I'll wait the reviews and if it's not good for me I won't buy it.

If it's just graphics and no substance, seriously nobody wants to play that. It makes me think of Far Cry 2, great graphics and gimmicks, awful game, shelved after a dozen hours, very poor value for money.

Of course I KNOW SH5 won't be like that. Come on, it can't be :)

ichso
01-16-10, 07:53 AM

It will be propably like with SH4 for me: Buy it when it is available cheaply in a bundle with some addon. That would still make you right, though.

Jimbuna
01-16-10, 08:02 AM
All will be revealed in March http://www.psionguild.org/forums/images/smilies/wolfsmilies/pirate.gif

AVGWarhawk
01-16-10, 08:06 AM
Buy what? Is there something for sale? :06:

JScones
01-16-10, 08:21 AM
I bought the Deluxe Edition of SH4...cost me AU$110. Installed it, played it twice, didn't like it (and I was looking forward to a change of side as well as scenery), uninstalled it and went back to SH3.

So you'd think I'd have learnt my lesson, but no, I know full well that as soon as I see SH5 available here (on PC ;)) I'll buy it...

It only really has to tide me over until Q4 anyway, when Fable 3 will be released on Xbox (I am more looking forward to it than SH5). :rock:

Alex
01-16-10, 08:42 AM
Making things simple :

Yep.
I pre-ordered SH4, let's say one year and a half before getting the rig able to run it :oops:... And I think I'm going to love SH5.
Of course, as Mikhayl said, this one is certainly going to need some serious work before being labeled a good simulation, that goes without saying, such as SH3 - and 4 - at the time. :03:
But I'm sure much people are willing to bring their 2 cents to the modding process once the game will be out... And there's no doubt the release of SH5 is going to bring some new talented modding blood in here. :)

Lanzfeld
01-16-10, 08:56 AM
I never bought SH-4.

I will read how SH-5 plays out and then determine if I will buy it.:hmmm:

JU_88
01-16-10, 09:40 AM
Ducimus, you are correct - though perhaps (just maybe) your message also applies to yourself to a degree?

IMHO, Anyone who bothers to post and read the SHV forum has some sort of intrest or intention of buying it (at somepoint) and there is no point in denying that.

Human beings dont complain about, or activly persue discussion on subjects they dont care about - its that simple.
Those that are TRULEY indifferent about SHV and have no intention of buying the game, will not even be reading this! (let alone making posts.)

For instance I dont care about World of Warcraft And I have no intention of buying it EVER, so do I go posting on WOW forums?
Suprisingly not...

As for those who state that 'SHV sucks' and they 'wont buy it' - because they dont like the look of X,Y,Z, simply do so in the hope that others will rally behind them and it will influence/scare devs into making changes. Its the same story on every gaming forum and we've probably all done it ourselves at some point.

Bottom line is: Those complainers still care!

Snestorm
01-16-10, 10:18 AM
I never bought SH-4.

I will read how SH-5 plays out and then determine if I will buy it.:hmmm:

I too skipped SH4, and I think I'll be following your example with SH5.

It certainly does not mean that I "don't care" about SH5. I do.
Seeing what one is committing to, BEFORE making the committment, can never be a bad idé.
This especialy holds true due to tha fact that SH5 will require a complete computer overhaul for me. And the fact that SH5 will require some technological "improvements" to my computer that I would rather not make.

There is quite a-bit at stake.
How I percieve the quality of the finished product will be the deciding factor.
(Hint: I am not an eye candy fan).

Jimbuna
01-16-10, 11:24 AM
IMHO, Anyone who bothers to post and read the SHV forum has some sort of intrest or intention of buying it (at somepoint) and there is no point in denying that.

A belief I have privately held for quite a while now http://www.psionguild.org/forums/images/smilies/wolfsmilies/pirate.gif

sav112
01-16-10, 12:26 PM
I did not buy SH IV but did enjoy SH III when it had all the mods on. But it did annoy me so much as well, ships hitting each other and Destroyers that look like they did not have to find me but were told.

I’m not going to buy SHV till I read reviews on here and else were and have a new Computer. In fact although there is a few games I’m following if SHV is a let down and fairs poor on here I’ll probably leave the new machine till November.

Realistically I’m looking forward to BF3 when ever that appears.

Having a five year old system will certainly make sure I’ll be happy to leave it well after march.

Sailor Steve
01-16-10, 12:30 PM
Buy what? Is there something for sale? :06:
No. Go back to sleep.:zzz:

Carotio
01-16-10, 12:42 PM
I don't care for one second what everybody else says is good or bad, especially when they haven't tried out the games (SH3 or SH4) themselves, made no personal experience to pass on.

I want to try it out myself, so of course I'm going to buy it, because I like the ancient sub technology. Had it been modern, I wouldn't buy it. Just like I don't like modern FPS games. I liked Battlefield 1942 cause of the old technology.

If SH5 will have bugs? Well, it wouldn't surprise me given my experience from SH3 and SH4, but I'll still move on with this new game, play it and make small mods or use others' mods. Still, I hope for the devs to finish a great game, make the necessary patches to eradicate the eventual bugs and if wolfpacks don't come with the standard game, I hope it will be part of an add on along with extra stuff such as more ships and things like that. Also I liked SH4 much more after the third patch when they removed the need for the DVD in the drive, and I hope it won't be necessary for SH5 either, but if it gets removed after a patch, then okay.

Regarding uboat types and technology, I really hope that all and everything from SH3 is present, and then hopefully more than that, even if the particular uboat type didn't go to sea in masses. And that it works.

And finally: what do all of our concerns over a pc game really matter compared to the problems the people of Haiti live through right now?
Exactly, nothing.

Hartmann
01-16-10, 12:53 PM
I´m not going to buy the game unless they add more u boat types ,open architecture for mods , good enviroment modeling and other important things. a full interior IMHO don´t justify a purchase.:hmmm:

I think that are a lot more important factors about u boat war than speak with a sailor about the soup or walk along the submarine.

With GWX and SH4 i have a lot of endless gameplay time until the game is full modded or developed :yep:

WitoldGritz
01-16-10, 01:49 PM

+1 its like a good Whiskey :cry:

Dowly
01-16-10, 02:55 PM

There's many here who have already said they'll buy it to support the genre, even if they wouldnt play the thing. :yep:

Arclight
01-16-10, 03:04 PM
Either keep SH going, or let the genre die out altogether. :hmmm:

I'll just buy SH and hope it's good. If not, the sequel might be better. Beats not being able to play a subsim at all. :yep:

Buddahaid
01-16-10, 03:05 PM
Let's see, ten sixpacs or SHV? Hmmmm....

Lionclaw
01-16-10, 05:11 PM
There's many here who have already said they'll buy it to support the genre, even if they wouldnt play the thing. :yep:

It would be a bit of a waste of money to buy it and not play it. :doh: :)

mookiemookie
01-16-10, 05:34 PM
It would be a bit of a waste of money to buy it and not play it. :doh: :)

I bought the U-boat missions expansion for SH4. Played it twice. Never completed a patrol.

RickC Sniper
01-16-10, 05:40 PM
I'll just buy SH and hope it's good. If not, the sequel might be better. Beats not being able to play a subsim at all. :yep:
+1

This version of the Silent Hunter series looks to be a different sort of animal. It looks like it will offer a unique way to play and I'm ready to give it a try.

Platapus
01-16-10, 06:32 PM
Yes I will buy it. If only to support the development of submarine simulators. And I will give SH5 a fair test drive.

It will either stay on my play list like SH3, or it will lay dormant on my hard drive like SH4.

JU_88
01-16-10, 06:48 PM
Yes I will buy it. If only to support the development of submarine simulators. And I will give SH5 a fair test drive.

It will either stay on my play list like SH3, or it will lay dormant on my hard drive like SH4.

Since installing Windows 7, I dont have any SH games installed.
SH3 - Played it to death already.
SH4 - never got in to it.

Call me an 'eye candy slut' but SH3 is begining to look like an arse made out of lego....
5 years is a LOOOONG time in terms of technology,
Nokia N-gage anyone?

THE_MASK
01-16-10, 06:59 PM
I reckon that all it will take is a good review from a respected subsim player/modder and therewill be an avalanche of sales from thesubsimusers . As for the non subsim general public, whoknows.

JU_88
01-16-10, 08:01 PM
As for the non subsim general public, whoknows.

One things for sure,
Those 'ADD Kiddies' that everyone keeps blaming for supposedly 'dumbing down SHV',
Well - Unless the game DVD can some how teleport whores in to their bedrooms I dont think they will be buying SHV no matter how well its marketed.
Fact is, Most gamers opinion of Submarines (and simulations in general) is 'slow and boring'
Somethings just aren't mass-market material and Subsims are one of them, hence why i dont think SHV will be a 'dumbed down' as the doubters seem to assume.
If you think about it, A acarde style FPS Sub sim would potentially alienate just about every type of gamer on the planet.
Ubi are not so stupid that they will target SHV at ADD Kiddies who wont play with submarines - period.

Anyway, SHV will likely sell a similiar number of units as SH3 I reckon.

Arclight
01-16-10, 08:13 PM
I think it has the potential to do better. Maybe they're not appealing to a new market, but lessening the curve a bit, make the game more welcoming/rewarding for new players.

I think that instead of trying to attract people that would normally not buy a sub-game, they're trying to make sure any potential player sticks around long enough to get a good impression.

A minimalistic interface, for example, is easier to understand. A mini-map at the scope keeps you from getting rammed by a DD while focussing on an attack. All the lines and cones on it make sure that a player understands why he was detected/spotted(or why he wasn't). etc

I'm sure all of these "welcoming" features can be turned off: we could turn off map-contacts in SH3/4, makes sense we can disable a mini-map this time around, or at least make it useless. :D

JU_88
01-16-10, 08:31 PM
But Im saying since submarines are a reletively un-appealing subject matter to most gamers (and people), they will simply not make the purchase in the first place. 99% will stick to what they know.
So I dont see how 'weather or not they stay intreasted' is all that relevent, as they wont get that far for the most part.
A Playable demo might help i suppose....

I can apply such a 'prejudice' to myself, I dont give a crap about football, so no matter how good that shiny new soccer game might be, I wont even look at it twice (and you'd have to pay me to play it for 10 minutes)

les green01
01-16-10, 09:04 PM
right now with alot i have read don't sound good on me buying it,but i'll wait and see what the subsim community saids and see what the talent modders comes up with and see how many patches they release and if we don't have to beg them for patches then maybe but basic my buying just to support ubi days is over,i have supported them from sh2 to u-boat missions including dc.

mookiemookie
01-16-10, 09:15 PM
Unless the game DVD can some how teleport whores in to their bedrooms.

Screw wolfpacks. I have a new "must have" feature request.

HundertzehnGustav
01-16-10, 09:34 PM

LOL if i want SHV i need a new pooter. new mobo for a PCIxpress card, new ram new HDD new cooling new case new electricity, new everything

so you tell me a full interior with crew interaction throughout the boat + a lot of eyecandy

will make me pay 1500 for a new system? or at least 1000?

LOL

GWX3gold on steroids, new systems, more features.
Otherwise i ll pass until Oleg comes out with SoW-BoB: 2011

Lanzfeld
01-16-10, 09:40 PM
Screw wolfpacks. I have a new "must have" feature request.

LOL! You dont need SH-5 to get that!

JU_88
01-16-10, 10:05 PM
LOL! You dont need SH-5 to get that!

Well no but it would be a considerable time and money saver compared to the more traditonal methods.
and it wouldn't hurt :D...... except for part were my missus beats me to death with a shovel :haha:

Randomizer
01-16-10, 10:22 PM
Will buy SH5:
a. When I have a computer that will run it reliably;
b. When certain that it has a DRM that doesn't suck; and
c. When sure that the arcade crew interaction soup and stuff free camera extravaganza can be rendered optional.

Tarnsman
01-17-10, 02:31 AM
Im buying it for a bunch of reasons, the first that I bitched and moaned after SH3 about a full interactive boat, so now Im committed.

Second to support the genre, I love subsims since 688i and SH2 (not counting those arcade games with the periscope and the Atari 2600 etc)Im kinda surprised Ubi is still supporting Silent Hunter since Micro****e droped FlightSimulator, I think the hardcore military simulation is in real danger of dying out. So I sometimes buy sims I'll never play like LockOn.

So if SH5 is no more than SH4 graphics with a better interface (SH4's interface kept me from enjoying it for years), Uboats and a fullboat -- dude Im there.

Onkel Neal
01-17-10, 02:48 AM
Im buying it for a bunch of reasons, the first that I bitched and moaned after SH3 about a full interactive boat, so now Im committed.

Second to support the genre, I love subsims since 688i and SH2 (not counting those arcade games with the periscope and the Atari 2600 etc)Im kinda surprised Ubi is still supporting Silent Hunter since Micro****e droped FlightSimulator, I think the hardcore military simulation is in real danger of dying out. So I sometimes buy sims I'll never play like LockOn.

So if SH5 is no more than SH4 graphics with a better interface (SH4's interface kept me from enjoying it for years), Uboats and a fullboat -- dude Im there.

:sign_yeah:

Jimbuna
01-17-10, 11:02 AM

I suspect this is exactly what you may end up with http://www.psionguild.org/forums/images/smilies/wolfsmilies/pirate.gif

Sailor Steve
01-17-10, 11:20 AM
Aaaauuuugh!!! Jim, you gotta quit drinkin'! You missed two!
:rotfl2:

Will buy SH5:
a. When I have a computer that will run it reliably;
b. When certain that it has a DRM that doesn't suck; and
I'm just the opposite. I'll be ordering it even though I may never have a computer that will run it, and before I have a clue whether it's any good or not. I've liked every Silent Hunter so far, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

c. When sure that the arcade crew interaction soup and stuff free camera extravaganza can be rendered optional.
I have to take exception to your choice of words here. Arcade games are extremely simple, aim and shoot, kill kill kill. The soup guy may be high on your hate list, but he's just the opposite of arcade. The Sims may be the worst thing ever to someone who loves history and military simulation, but one thing they can never be called is 'arcade'.

Jimbuna
01-17-10, 12:22 PM

I'm just the opposite. I'll be ordering it even though I may never have a computer that will run it, and before I have a clue whether it's any good or not. I've liked every Silent Hunter so far, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

I have to take exception to your choice of words here. Arcade games are extremely simple, aim and shoot, kill kill kill. The soup guy may be high on your hate list, but he's just the opposite of arcade. The Sims may be the worst thing ever to someone who loves history and military simulation, but one thing they can never be called is 'arcade'.

Rgr that Steve

http://img682.imageshack.us/img682/2884/drunkcob.gif

I'm currently busy honing what is fast becoming my stock response on the subject...."All will be revealed in March" http://www.psionguild.org/forums/images/smilies/wolfsmilies/crazy.gif

Méo
01-17-10, 12:30 PM
"All will be revealed in March" http://www.psionguild.org/forums/images/smilies/wolfsmilies/crazy.gif

Ok, ok, but I hope you still got a lot of good jokes to post in GT...:03:

Sailor Steve
01-17-10, 01:03 PM
Oh, Jim is just full of good jokes.

That's not all he's full of, but since he's my friend I won't go into that in public.

No, wait - that's me.:oops:

Jimbuna
01-17-10, 01:38 PM
Ok, ok, but I hope you still got a lot of good jokes to post in GT...:03:

Oh, Jim is just full of good jokes.

That's not all he's full of, but since he's my friend I won't go into that in public.

No, wait - that's me.:oops:

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/4030/winkbigid2zj6.gif

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?p=1238542#post1238542

Ducimus
01-18-10, 12:31 AM
Ducimus, you are correct - though perhaps (just maybe) your message also applies to yourself to a degree?

To a degree, yes. I feel i'll end up buying it, at the very least, to see what all the brewhaha is about. To see first hand what the changes are. Now if i actually do something with it or shelf it with a ton of other games i don't play is another matter.

Bosje
01-18-10, 01:30 PM
my computer cant handle it and from what i've seen so far, i'm not going to upgrade my computer for that game, i'll only buy the game itself if i have lots of money to spare, just to support the franchise.

*hoping against hope that gwx4 will somehow still come to pass*

edited because i was being annoying

danurve
01-18-10, 04:31 PM
What is this "End Up" bilge pile?

Already planned on buying SH5, bugs and all.

Doesn't mean I'm uninstalling SH3 either.

One more thing JU_88, You eye candy slut you.. :arrgh!:

Jimbuna
01-18-10, 04:58 PM
To a degree, yes. I feel i'll end up buying it, at the very least, to see what all the brewhaha is about. To see first hand what the changes are. Now if i actually do something with it or shelf it with a ton of other games i don't play is another matter.

Well that is not conducive with what I have read 'elsewhere'.....so be a good chap and purchase me a copy whilst your at it :03:

Ducimus
01-18-10, 05:17 PM
Well that is not conducive with what I have read 'elsewhere'.....so be a good chap and purchase me a copy whilst your at it :03:

Ha! I'm on the fence really. I said i feel i'll end up buying it. That's snynonymous with "maybe", but I am being honest about it. On one hand, i don't want to buy it. I know that gameplay will be more of the same, and the sim aspect will be (im wagering) unchanged from Sh3/SH4. On the other hand, i really want to see whats changed in the files, and if there's any new functionality.

I am thinking bigger picture though. If i do end up buying it, ill wait and see what the first user and modder reports are. What mod tools still work or not. If things are looking promising, then i'll probably set to work trying to get an allied/fleetboat submarine campaign into the game, if i do, ill probably be quiet about it so don't step into something resembeling a commitment and end user demands. However, i am skeptical of that based on interior (would require a new one eventually), and if Ubi goes DLC on us or not. If they do, then it is possible they may do a allied/fleetobat sub DL later, in which case ill have wasted my time.

JU_88
01-18-10, 05:23 PM
One more thing JU_88, You eye candy slut you.. :arrgh!:

:haha:

JU_88
01-18-10, 05:31 PM
I am thinking bigger picture though. If i do end up buying it, ill wait and see what the first user and modder reports are. What mod tools still work or not. If things are looking promising, then i'll probably set to work trying to get an allied/fleetboat submarine campaign into the game, if i do, ill probably be quiet about it so don't step into something resembeling a commitment and end user demands. However, i am skeptical of that based on interior (would require a new one eventually), and if Ubi goes DLC on us or not. If they do, then it is possible they may do a allied/fleetobat sub DL later, in which case ill have wasted my time.

I expect if Ubi does plan expansions of this kind, they will almost certainly be announced/released before the end of 2010 (gotta strike while the irons hot). Maybe they have no such intentions, but I would think that SHV addons would be more likely if they go down the Steam route.
Guess it just depends on early sales and what other projects Ubi Romania will have in the works.
Personally, I'd predict a cooling off period for the SH franchise after this one. (meaning Id be very suprised to learn of an SH6 come 2011)

HundertzehnGustav
01-18-10, 06:04 PM
no way, no worries. SHV, if well doen will last another five to seven years. Until its potential is pushed to *teh limizz*

Randomizer
01-18-10, 06:34 PM

I bought SH3 long before I owned a machine that could reasonably run it but see no reason to repeat doing so for SH5 since I have not yet tired of SH3 + GWX.

As for the other, I will respectfully disagree, the trend towards arcade gameplay through dazzling graphics and interactive irrelevancies is like as not commercially unstoppable. But we'll see after release.

Redwine
01-20-10, 10:56 AM
Type 7 only, ends in 43 - I stand corrected. In a nutshell, Das boot the video game ending in 43. Fully rendered interiors and spiffy graphics isn't enough of a carrot incentive considering the limited career game options. Agree... i am tired. :down:

capthelm
01-20-10, 03:55 PM
Before buying it on release, I want an answer to these:

1) Will there be other type of boat than the type VII ?
2) Will there be AI operated boats forming wolfpacks ?

If the answer is No to these two questions, then I'll be reconsidering it.

Seriously, don't you think it would be ABSURD to FOCUS ONLY on the TYPE VII AND IGNORE WOLFPACKS???

variations of this boat type only they said. VII

Webster
01-20-10, 04:08 PM
as i expected, there is a lot i am dissappointed to read and there is also

a lot about sh5 that i am very happy to read about.

give it a few more reads guys and do it with an open mind

and you will see they are giving us a very very moddable game :rock:

is it perect? nope, it is tragic? nope, will i buy it? yes definately

i see sh5 as a ready made fixer-upper that just needs to be fine tuned by the modders to be a very great game. after all, we as modders are able to devote a lot more time to the game then the devs are allowed to so i trust this will be a wonderfull game when modded.

plus dont forget they said near the end that if sh5 did well it was likely we would see an expansion for it to add more subs and content to the end of the war. i dont mind paying for another ($10-$15 hopefully) expansion if the new content is done correctly and ads something more to the game.

Jimbuna
01-20-10, 05:05 PM
no way, no worries. SHV, if well doen will last another five to seven years. Until its potential is pushed to *teh limizz*

I hope your right....but only time will tell.

As soon as it's released it won't be long before a pattern emerges regarding the games modability and the communities willingness or otherwise to perform such tasks.

Ships-R-Us
01-20-10, 05:19 PM
I believe Webster put it in a fair context.....There is so much buzz everywhere that I can be difficult to follow........"Early March"----6 weeks and counting. I say buy it early before you have to wait for re-stock.