PDA

View Full Version : completed mission saves

Capt. Shark Bait
01-13-10, 05:02 PM
where might i find them so they can be deleted that i may start the German missions over again. don't wanna end up, which would be likely, rooting thru the wrong folder:nope: thx

frinik
01-13-10, 10:41 PM
Sharkbait,

As far as I know there is no way to save your games on TvsT.There's certainly no autosaving control whithin the game.Once you click on leave, that's it; the game you just played is history. You can then replay the mission(s) indefinitely.

Capt. Shark Bait
01-14-10, 06:34 AM
i knew there were no ingame saves, but the missions listed in the briefing screen when each is completed, those i wanna remove. they were still there after reinstalling a couple or so times

growbag
01-15-10, 03:31 AM
I'd also like to find where it stores that info, I've searched and can't find it!

I must admit I'm not a Windows user normally and get quite lost in the confusing file system, but I searched for all combinations of filenames that I could think of and still found nothing.

I think Windows hides some files somehow, and without a comprehensive commandline search tool I have no idea how I would go about finding them.

Maybe in the registry?

Mikhayl
01-15-10, 04:44 AM
It's in the registry, look in HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/G5 Software/T34.
There's USSRCampaign and GerCampaign, the stock value for these keys is 1, if you put 6 it unlocks the whole campaign.

If you have XP, just click start->run, and type "regedit". I have no idea how to access it with Vista though but google is here to help :)

Capt. Shark Bait
01-15-10, 06:54 AM
not lokking to unlock them. i'm wondering the the folder "mymissions" is the one i'm looking for

Wilcke
01-15-10, 11:58 AM
It's in the registry, look in HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/G5 Software/T34.
There's USSRCampaign and GerCampaign, the stock value for these keys is 1, if you put 6 it unlocks the whole campaign.

If you have XP, just click start->run, and type "regedit". I have no idea how to access it with Vista though but google is here to help :)

Thanks Mikhayl! When I was reinstalling TvT I scanned the registry till I went crazy looking for that entry! Never realized it was G5 Software!

Thanks and hope all is well!

Mikhayl
01-15-10, 12:42 PM
You're welcome Wilcke :)

not lokking to unlock them. i'm wondering the the folder "mymissions" is the one i'm looking for

Well duh :) If you change the value of the two keys back to "1", you will only see the first mission in the list.

Capt. Shark Bait
01-15-10, 04:49 PM
wouldn't it be easier to just delete the contents of said folder w/out having to poke thru the reg?