PDA

View Full Version : Fanatical

G2B
01-12-10, 08:46 PM
Has anyone ever had a crewman's morale become fanatical?

I was in a bit of a gun battle the other day when my DG chief was slightly wounded when I checked his status his morale had changed to Fanatical :o I would have thought low medium or high but not http://i974.photobucket.com/albums/ae228/g2banything/gif/killersmiley.gif

Armistead
01-12-10, 08:59 PM
Yep, had it a few times. Not sure if it's good or bad, but was told it was good. Strange, the most recent guy that went fanatical was surrounded by broken and shaken crew members. We did take a beating and sink several ships, but dead bodies were everywhere.

G2B
01-12-10, 09:44 PM
:hmmm: Did he crack under pressure or should the man be promoted and given a medal for pulling it together. What other morale surprise might there be?

jerm138
01-12-10, 10:08 PM
"fanatical" would make me think of the diesel mechanic in Das Boot when he tried to leave the boat submerged.

Capt. Morgan
01-12-10, 11:30 PM
http://i974.photobucket.com/albums/ae228/g2banything/gif/killersmiley.gif

Wow, great smiley!:haha:

Yeah, this is what I think of as fanatical. I would say Johanne (the diesel mechanic in Das Boot) was broken. I've had broken crew members before, but never fanatical.

In so far as what the game says, the roster on the left side of the crew page can sort your crew by a number of different factors like health and morale. Is "fanatical" listed above or below "normal"?

Ducimus
01-12-10, 11:48 PM
I was in a bit of a gun battle the other day when my DG chief was slightly wounded when I checked his status his morale had changed to Fanatical :o I would have thought low medium or high but not http://i974.photobucket.com/albums/ae228/g2banything/gif/killersmiley.gif

That smiley is amazingly appopriate for that story. Cause that's just what your DG was doing when he went fanatical. lol!

"fanatical" would make me think of the diesel mechanic in Das Boot when he tried to leave the boat submerged.

No, the word for him would probably be "cracked" or something along those lines. The textbook definition of fanatical is:

"motivated or characterized by an extreme, uncritical enthusiasm or zeal, as in religion or politics" Synonyms: enthusiastic, zealous, frenzied, rabid.

G2B
01-13-10, 09:38 PM
That smiley is amazingly appopriate for that story. Cause that's just what your DG was doing when he went fanatical. lol!

No, the word for him would probably be "cracked" or something along those lines. The textbook definition of fanatical is:

"motivated or characterized by an extreme, uncritical enthusiasm or zeal, as in religion or politics" Synonyms: enthusiastic, zealous, frenzied, rabid.

"Cracked" is a bit light, I'm going with "something along those lines" that can't be posted in forum.

Looks like my Fanatic is going to get a medal and a pay increase :yep:

Sailor Steve
01-13-10, 11:54 PM
I'm put in mind of the main character in Red Badge Of Courage. In the beginning he breaks and runs away, thus having a morale of 'Broken' and the status of 'Coward'. In the final battle he breaks again, but this time runs toward the enemy, now having a morale of 'Fanatical' and the status of 'Hero'. In both cases his emotions are exactly the same, and he can't figure out one from the other.