PDA

View Full Version : control of the lights in sh5?

capthelm
01-06-10, 05:30 AM
would really like to be able to command the lighting system in sh5 rig for red. once you give the command uboats lights change.

also will the external uboats have port starboard lighting this time?

this would be a nice addition leaving port . ability to turn them on off.

maybe see also added on the bridge signal lights .

you could signal other players online , also acts as a spot light for night ops.

..this is the detail many sim heads will enjoy in sh5 .

Sone7
01-06-10, 06:41 AM
I don't think they would include all of that... But it would be great indeed to have the ability to use signal light! ;)
And red light will probably be automatic...

Torplexed
01-06-10, 07:05 AM
Might be useful. I wanna flash my high beams at the slow U-Boat in front of me. :cool:

timmyab
01-06-10, 09:36 AM
I think signal lamps would be great for atmosphere.It would also be fun learning to read the morse code, or you could just have subtitles for those that can't be bothered.

Sailor Steve
01-06-10, 11:02 AM
I think all of those are cool ideas, but especially being able to Rig For Red at your discretion - that was already in SH2 eight years ago.

On the other hand they have so much on their plates already I would be surprised to see any of them in the game.

JScones
01-07-10, 01:28 AM
Would be nice...not likely though...

tonschk
01-07-10, 05:47 AM
May be this feature can be added later in the Silent Hunter 6 release of this SH serie , the developers have already too many features to update now in SH5

oscar19681
01-07-10, 05:53 AM
give us the manual rig for red feature. I mean how hard could it be? Its not a feature that would take a lot of programming right?

Lt commander lare
01-07-10, 09:26 AM
i agree just the rig for red option would be nice so we can have control like in das boot when they switch to red lighting

lt commander lare

mookiemookie
01-07-10, 10:56 AM
I like it automatically done for me. One less thing to worry about.

capthelm
01-07-10, 11:16 AM
not realistic then is it?

mookiemookie
01-07-10, 11:43 AM
not realistic then is it?

I'm willing to compromise on some things :O:

Nickolas
01-07-10, 01:35 PM
it would be nice if it switched to red when you order battlestations, and go back to normal when you order "standard" stations. It could also switch to red when the sun sets... :hmmm:

Col. Caldwell
01-07-10, 11:39 PM
Switching to red lighting at battlestations? That almost sounds like Red Alert from Star Trek. :haha: Would be nice but I doubt it would happen.

JScones
01-08-10, 02:34 AM
it would be nice if it switched to red when you order battlestations, and go back to normal when you order "standard" stations. It could also switch to red when the sun sets... :hmmm:
Too annoying. When you are at 200m trying to avoid depth charges, you won't be running red regardless of the time (I've read an actual U-boat crewman's commentary on this...somewhere).

Besides, the whole idea behind the red light was to prepare the watch crew for going topside. It's a complete misnomer that the light was used to differentiate night and day for the simple reason that in RL sleeping areas would always be dark, engine room always white, control room white or red (when rigged that way). The lights would (from what I've read) be used about 10 minutes or so before a watch change. And even then, come later in the war the red light was largely replaced by the replacement watch crew wearing red goggles just before going topside...the rest of the boat remained at full light.

With all the flow-on considerations (ie, if the red light was not used correctly, would the watch crew be penalised with decreased visibility for a period of time?), it would prolly be better just to keep it automatic, as it was in SH3.

Kimmers
01-08-10, 03:21 AM
why ask for that option when i can get some real red bulbs and install them in my desklamp :O:

kptn_kaiserhof
01-08-10, 04:09 AM
good point about automaticly rigging for red

could it be possible to have it automatic but have it manual override

as well for those odd occasions eg: battlestations

seaniam81
01-09-10, 05:54 PM
what is with people rigging for red during battlestations? The only reason red was used was so the watchcrew or captain would get there nightvision, or stop them from loosing the nightvision.

Turbografx
01-09-10, 07:27 PM
Yeah, if anything you'd want to have a well lit interior while at battle-stations lol.

JU_88
01-09-10, 08:18 PM
Im pretty sure it will be automatic too,
but if its not - I intend to rapidly flick between the colours to achieve a 'Rave-in-a-U-boat' type effect... if only just to see if any of my virtual crew mates suffer from virtual epilepsy
:woot:

LiveGoat
01-09-10, 08:37 PM
Instead of a manual rig for red option I'd rather they add an option to whip out a flashlight when the lights get knocked out during a depth charging. Most FPS games have this already so it would be pretty simple to add I think.

JU_88
01-09-10, 08:53 PM
Instead of a manual rig for red option I'd rather they add an option to whip out a flashlight when the lights get knocked out during a depth charging. Most FPS games have this already so it would be pretty simple to add I think.

^^ I like :)

JScones
01-09-10, 09:13 PM
That would be good. Picture the chaos of numerous flashlights flitting throughout the interior in the dark, in addition to the sound of falling depth charges.