PDA

View Full Version : How do I insert a waypoint?

Megatherion
12-16-09, 06:28 PM
Hello all fellow submariners! I am having trouble with inserting a waypoint, according to the F1 help, cntrl+left click is supposed to insert a waypoint. When I try this, all it does is center my sub to where my mouse cursor is or adds another waypoint from the very last one when I select plot course first. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated, as it would be nice to insert a waypoint when a enemy ship is spotted to intercept or run away from it, then continue on my previous waypoint route, rather than manually steering my u-boat to intercept or run away.

Dissaray
12-16-09, 08:50 PM
I know if you click on any of the set way points on your map you can re-plot your course starting from that point. Don't know if that is exactly what you are looking for but that is the closest thing I know of to what you are describing.

RoaldLarsen
12-16-09, 09:01 PM
Make sure you are in way-point setting mode by selecting the waypoint tool.

ctrl-click and hold on an existing waypoint, then drag and release to the location where you want the new waypoint.

Ping Panther
12-17-09, 01:22 PM
Wow. And, yet again I learned something new on SubSim! Thanks guys! And thanks to you for asking that question Megatherion. :up:

Doolar
12-18-09, 10:19 PM
Me Too ! Didn't know that . You do learn something every day . :cool: