PDA

View Full Version : Whats the first thing you will do if you get SH5?

Undefined
12-11-09, 02:50 PM
Well, just imagine that you just got SH5 and it's ready to install. You open the box and put your own sh5 DVD into the drive. You press next couple of times and then installing starts. Then you will klick the awesome looking shortcut on your desktop and the game begins. What will you do?

FIREWALL
12-11-09, 03:03 PM
Probably watch it CTD because I installed it wrong because I was so excited. :rotfl2:

Col. Caldwell
12-11-09, 03:06 PM
Make sure Bernard is off my boat. :p

Rothwell white
12-11-09, 03:06 PM
Pick which Flotilla to sail with

stabiz
12-11-09, 03:15 PM
If?:)

The first thing I will do is crank up graphics settings to see how it runs, do my usual realism settings, and go off on patrol. I will try to stay away from the museum.

Webster
12-11-09, 03:16 PM
Probably watch it CTD because I installed it wrong because I was so excited. :rotfl2:

:har:

Undefined
12-11-09, 03:37 PM
I think i would like to try that infamous soup ^^

bruschi sauro
12-11-09, 03:45 PM
i go to bed....hahahahahahahahah:haha::haha::haha::haha::h aha:

Webster
12-11-09, 03:58 PM
first for me is search the ship for everything i can see, the second is exterior cam to fly around doing my superman thing to enjoy all the cool new grafics.

then i gotta see something blow up :o but hopefully its not my grafics card :wah:

Lord Justice
12-11-09, 04:31 PM
Sir Flegmatica, Although you stated (first thing), i believe it would be rustic and inappropriate of me to be so blunt. If i may? here is my first four. 1, Set all Options etc 2, Type full name 3, Carefull consideration toward my crew selection and placement if needed, 4, play the sim, thank you. :salute:

Takeda Shingen
12-11-09, 04:34 PM
Well, just imagine that you just got SH5 and it's ready to install. You open the box and put your own sh5 DVD into the drive. You press next couple of times and then installing starts. Then you will klick the awesome looking shortcut on your desktop and the game begins. What will you do?

Watch the intro movie.

Sailor Steve
12-11-09, 04:36 PM
Been there, done that.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=157336&highlight=what+first+things

Webster
12-11-09, 04:51 PM
Watch the intro movie.

i change my answer to delete the intro movie, this is also my answer (for me antways) to the other thread about what the very first mod will be

i will probably at least watch it first but i have a tv if i want to watch a movie

Undefined
12-11-09, 05:34 PM
Been there, done that.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=157336&highlight=what+first+things

Im sorry :(

JScones
12-11-09, 06:01 PM
Yeah, my answer hasn't changed since the last time we played this game. ;)

skookum
12-11-09, 11:41 PM
I'm gonna join the training flotilla and run the tutorials just for the heck of it. Then I'm gonna hop into a type II and give'r.

Reece
12-11-09, 11:50 PM
Museum then Training Academy, cruise around get used to the controls and admire the views then pick it to pieces!!:up:

THE_MASK
12-12-09, 12:10 AM
Post either this :yeah:or this:down:

Malmer
12-12-09, 05:49 AM
Read the extensive manual...

:cool:

JU_88
12-12-09, 05:59 AM
Museum & AI subs tests ;)

Stealth Hunter
12-12-09, 06:26 AM
Museum, setup a custom mission with the .exe file they've always included in previous games, sink some ships.

Wild_skipper
12-12-09, 07:01 AM
Try a surface attack at night.

momo55
12-12-09, 07:52 AM
Eugh....Start a new topic with the title : " DEV Q&A about SH6" :shifty::har:

mookiemookie
12-12-09, 08:19 AM
Post something in the other thread asking the exact same question.

Sky999
12-12-09, 08:25 AM
Probably just keep pressing the WASD keys and stare in amazement.

:o..:stare:..:doh:..:)..:DL..:D.:woot:

sharkbit
12-12-09, 12:51 PM
Load it and then explain to my wife why I need to go out and buy another graphics card and more RAM for the computer.

:)

dsawan
12-12-09, 02:30 PM
Probably have a bite of chinese food or gin and juice before givin orders.:D

Sky999
12-12-09, 03:18 PM
Probably have a bite of chinese food or gin and juice before givin orders.:D

Yeah a drink will be in order I think :yeah:

...unless it turns out to be terrible....in which case we can still have a drink to drown our troubles. :|\\

(Only for those above 18 or whatever the legal drinking age in your country...stay in school kids). :know:

Hitman
12-12-09, 03:26 PM
Hummm ... what about trying to unlock the locked areas? :DL

Wild_skipper
12-12-09, 05:38 PM
Hummm ... what about trying to unlock the locked areas? :DL

Lol, "you have reached an area not available to you turn back now or get nuked"

codmander
12-12-09, 08:20 PM
pee..:arrgh!:

Reece
12-12-09, 08:55 PM
In actual fact I will be quite nervous about loading it, will have to take some nerve medicine first!!:03: Will also be watching and reading Subsim SH5 threads closely for feedback!!:oops: Then I'll take codmander's advise!!:yep:

karamazovnew
12-13-09, 02:47 AM
I'll probably pay the Ubi HQ a visit and get myself a signed collector's edition. THen the first thing I'll do will be to wait for the bus to take me home :wah:

TwistedFemur
12-13-09, 03:01 AM
take her down to crush depth si i can see what dieing is like

Reece
12-13-09, 04:47 AM
take her down to crush depth si i can see what dieing is like
If your going to do that please take it down with a crash dive at first, then maximum speed and greatest down angle, may as well do the job properly!!:haha:
Then report findings on Subsim!!:yep:

Sailor Steve
12-13-09, 01:13 PM
TwistedFemur: Well, I did it.

Reece: So what happened?

TW: I dived. I died.

R: How? At what depth? What happened on the screen? Did it show your crew drowning? Was there just a simple 'Death Screen'? Did you see a report of your demise? WHAT HAPPENED?

TW: Sorry. Can't talk. I'm dead.

R: AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHH HHHHHH!!!!!!!!!:damn:

TwistedFemur
12-13-09, 01:20 PM
TwistedFemur: Well, I did it.

Reece: So what happened?

TW: I dived. I died.

R: How? At what depth? What happened on the screen? Did it show your crew drowning? Was there just a simple 'Death Screen'? Did you see a report of your demise? WHAT HAPPENED?

TW: Sorry. Can't talk. I'm dead.

R: AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHH HHHHHH!!!!!!!!!:damn:

:haha:

Exakt
12-13-09, 01:21 PM
Pay for it...:haha:

TwistedFemur
12-13-09, 01:26 PM
If your going to do that please take it down with a crash dive at first, then maximum speed and greatest down angle, may as well do the job properly!!:haha:

Nah do it slowly. so I can walk around and see the fear in the crews eyes as the valves start bursting and the rivets are popping

Undefined
12-13-09, 02:42 PM
Okay. I've tought of it and this is probably what i will do:

Since i pre order i will open my mailbox and get the envelope. I will cut it from the top carefully and take the game out. I expect that the jewel case is wrapped around with plastic wrap i will remove it carefully. After doing that i will smell the jewel case and then open it. Then i will press the open button on my CD/DVD drive and take the game out from jewel case. Then i will smell the DVD just in case. Then i will place it in the drive and press the close button. Then the autorun will start and i feel excitement. Then i will press Install and next couple of times without reading the stuff. Then i will go to kitchen and take a beer out of fridge. I will open the beer and take a zip. When install is finished i will klick the awesome looking shortcut on the desktop and i feel really excited. Then the ubi logo comes up and it seems so awesome, then the intro will begin. I will watch it at the same time being amazed. When the main menu comes up i will mess around with options so they are all set on MAX. Then i will go to naval academy (if there is one) and take some training lessons. The loading probably seems so awesome too. When the game starts i will probably get orgasm.

TDK1044
12-13-09, 05:02 PM
Okay. I've tought of it and this is probably what i will do:

Since i pre order i will open my mailbox and get the envelope. I will cut it from the top carefully and take the game out. I expect that the jewel case is wrapped around with plastic wrap i will remove it carefully. After doing that i will smell the jewel case and then open it. Then i will press the open button on my CD/DVD drive and take the game out from jewel case. Then i will smell the DVD just in case. Then i will place it in the drive and press the close button. Then the autorun will start and i feel excitement. Then i will press Install and next couple of times without reading the stuff. Then i will go to kitchen and take a beer out of fridge. I will open the beer and take a zip. When install is finished i will klick the awesome looking shortcut on the desktop and i feel really excited. Then the ubi logo comes up and it seems so awesome, then the intro will begin. I will watch it at the same time being amazed. When the main menu comes up i will mess around with options so they are all set on MAX. Then i will go to naval academy (if there is one) and take some training lessons. The loading probably seems so awesome too. When the game starts i will probably get orgasm.

Very, very worrying post. :)

Insert the DVD. Let the game install. Find out what settings your rig can run it at. Enjoy the game and wait for patch 1.

THE_MASK
12-13-09, 05:29 PM
Maybe the museum , i will visit .

Undefined
12-13-09, 06:29 PM
Very, very worrying post. :)

Yeah i know, i have problems :doh:

Reece
12-13-09, 08:19 PM
I expect that the jewel case is wrapped around with plastic wrap i will remove it carefully. After doing that i will smell the jewel case and then open it. Then i will press the open button on my CD/DVD drive and take the game out from jewel case. Then i will smell the DVD just in case.I thought I was the only one that done that, when ever I get some new computer part etc straight after opening I have to have a good whiff of it, I kinda get high on that new smell!!:D Wheeeeee!!!:yep:

totodog
12-13-09, 08:33 PM
I've said it once and I'll say it again:

1. Walk into the engine room.
2. "Beide maschinen A.K. voraus"
3. Marvel at the two diesel engines.

Sailor Steve
12-13-09, 08:55 PM
Yeah i know, i have problems :doh:
Don't worry. You're not the only one.

PL_Andrev
12-14-09, 08:31 AM
Change real German ensign!
:rock:

Tonnage_Ace
12-14-09, 12:34 PM
read the extensive manual...

:cool:

I see what you did there!

Armistead
12-14-09, 07:11 PM
If the game works, I'll give my wife a credit card and tell her to take a weekend trip.

mookiemookie
12-14-09, 07:16 PM
If the game works, I'll give my wife a credit card and tell her to take a weekend trip.

I'm planning on taking vacation time on release day and the next few days afterwards. I never take it and have a ton banked up. Might as well use it on SH5!

I've already given fair warning to my girlfriend, and she smiled and understood. She also sat through the 5 hour long version of Das Boot with me. I think she's a keeper. :03:

HMS Astute
12-14-09, 10:12 PM
If?

gimpy117
12-14-09, 10:37 PM
press "A" and crash to desktop

Armistead
12-14-09, 10:41 PM
I'm planning on taking vacation time on release day and the next few days afterwards. I never take it and have a ton banked up. Might as well use it on SH5!

I've already given fair warning to my girlfriend, and she smiled and understood. She also sat through the 5 hour long version of Das Boot with me. I think she's a keeper. :03:

Dude,,,you want to get that one a ring and marry her right away.

mookiemookie
12-14-09, 11:14 PM
Dude,,,you want to get that one a ring and marry her right away.

:salute: Workin on it!

Sailor Steve
12-15-09, 12:42 AM
If?

How rude of you to notice.
:rotfl2:

Oh, and WELCOME ABOARD!:sunny:

Rapt0r56
12-15-09, 01:59 PM
I will first check all the Options, and go trough the Naval Academy, and ... start a first test Patrol.:arrgh!:

Jimbuna
12-15-09, 04:58 PM
Install it then pay some attention to mookies gf :O:

mookiemookie
12-15-09, 07:02 PM
Install it then pay some attention to mookies gf :O:

http://www.sevennationarmy.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/wvwwdxmdxl9dwzlifgjkyaflo1_400jpg.jpeg

:|\\

theluckyone17
12-15-09, 08:52 PM
Heh. My wife understands that I'll be spending a few days in my Man Cave after SH5 is released. She watched Das Boot with me using the German audio. We did take advantage of the English subtitles, though. She already saw the SH5 demo video and said "Wow... that's beautiful." She may have been talking about the scenery, but...

No vacation time for me, though. I'll be using what's left of that on our cruise in the Caribbean in February. Probably end up locked up for cursing the Captain out for his pathetic crash dive times...

Arclight
12-15-09, 09:42 PM
Man Cave :haha::har:

*brings home copy of SH5, puts on captains hat*

"To the Man Cave!"

:salute:

mookiemookie
12-15-09, 10:00 PM
I'll be using what's left of that on our cruise in the Caribbean in February. Probably end up locked up for cursing the Captain out for his pathetic crash dive times...

That's an awful big target you're sailing on. :arrgh!:

Reece
12-15-09, 11:46 PM
Man Cave :haha::har:

*brings home copy of SH5, puts on captains hat*

"To the Man Cave!"

:salute:Must be a small version of a Concrete Bunker!!:yep:

Gunney
12-16-09, 05:04 PM
Sink my boat. I would like to see these interior flooding animations.

InFlames666
12-16-09, 06:15 PM
I'm going to take down, all the way down

JackAubrey
12-17-09, 05:17 PM
Heh. My wife understands that I'll be spending a few days in my Man Cave after SH5 is released. She watched Das Boot with me using the German audio.
My better half is of the same breed, i think. We watched "Das Boot" together and she really liked the movie. We did not use the english subtitles, though.
It's not that they are not good or that they distract you from the movie experience, it's just that we are german. :DL

She fully understands my gaming hobby and likes "The Simpsons", "Family Guy", "Star Wars", "Band of Brothers" and "Das Boot."

What should i say, the Wedding is on Saturday. :D

@Topic:

I will install the game and while it does so, i'll download the Release Patch which adds features that did not make it into the release Version of the Game, e.g.

Weather Model
Water Model
U-Boat Interiors
Weather Effects
Water Effects
Buoyancy Model
Explosion Effects
Enemy Ships
Dynamic Campaign
U-Boats

After applying the patch, i'll doubleclick the SH5 Icon, Start a Training Mission and Crash to Desktop. After that, i'll update every possible driver for my system.
After i am done with that, i'll probably downgrade every possible driver again, because on the Forums they say, that it runs well with older drivers.

Then i'll update all drivers again and keep torturing myself with the CTDs while waiting for the second patch.

:DL

Takeda Shingen
12-17-09, 05:27 PM
She fully understands my gaming hobby and likes "The Simpsons", "Family Guy", "Star Wars", "Band of Brothers" and "Das Boot."

Nothing from the age of sail? Strange for a man with the Lucky Jack moniker.

Falkirion
12-17-09, 05:55 PM
Wonder when we'll get mods for it making it even better to play and sail with.

And pray for the GWX team to come out of retirement and work their magic with the sim and make it even better.

JackAubrey
12-18-09, 12:45 PM
Nothing from the age of sail? Strange for a man with the Lucky Jack moniker.
I could not possibly list everything. ;)
But you have a point there. To clear this up:
"Master and Commander" does not reside on the DVD shelf. I always take the Box to bed with me. :D
Me and my Wife both love this movie also.

All of O’Brians "Aubrey and Maturin" Books are neatly arranged right beside the "Hornblower" Books by C.S. Forester. As some kind of ritual, we watch "Master and Commander" and "Captain Horatio Hornblower R.N." both on 1st of January.
I read the complete "Aubrey and Maturin" and "Hornblower" Tales once a year.

What we not do is playing Whist. :)

Able72
12-20-09, 12:52 AM
First, I'll start by spending a weekend or longer playing it. (depending on when it is released and whats going on in real life at the time) Then I'll begin spending the next week trying to figure out how to mod it so that we can enable historically accurate flags and other markings.

Task Force
12-20-09, 12:54 AM
I KNOW WHAT IL DO!!!

Get... sunk... err... thats what ill do...:rotfl2:

danurve
12-28-09, 03:03 PM
Check out the tutorials, the game, & wait for patch #1.

I'm sure some alcohol will be involved.

Donkey-Shot11
12-28-09, 03:10 PM
Blow stuff up! :D

Webster
12-28-09, 05:54 PM
install the first repair patch they just released since thats about the time i expect to be purchasing it

so you guys will get about a 6 to 8 month head start on me as far as playing sh5

ichso
12-29-09, 03:55 AM
Catch seaguls on the bridge and bring them to the cook to see what he can make out of them ... "wanna taste some soup ?" :-?:)

Reece
12-29-09, 06:36 AM
Catch seaguls on the bridge and bring them to the cook to see what he can make out of them ... "wanna taste some soup ?" :-?:)Hint - You cook it the same as Galahs here in Australia::yep:
Place bird in large pot, half fill with water and add a tablespoon of salt, bring to the boil and add an old leather boot, cook for a few hours, strain out all the contents into another bowl and throw over the side, except the boot, this you serve with parsley and a sprinkle of pepper to taste.:yeah:

Lord Justice
12-29-09, 01:13 PM
Hint - You cook it the same as Galahs here in Australia::yep:
Place bird in large pot, half fill with water and add a tablespoon of salt, bring to the boil and add an old leather boot, cook for a few hours, strain out all the contents into another bowl and throw over the side, except the boot, this you serve with parsley and a sprinkle of pepper to taste.:yeah:How Extraordinary, one never ceases to be amazed.

ichso
12-29-09, 01:14 PM
Nice, I will hand him a note with the recepe ;)

Steiger
12-30-09, 01:33 PM
Put the game on a shelf and wait for a good mod.

Ouch!
01-01-10, 10:07 PM
Ramp up all the video settings to max and the resolution to 1680x1050. Then see if my PC can handle it without slowing down.

Ouch!

seaniam81
01-03-10, 12:41 AM
watch my current rig melt under the awesomeness of SH5

Wolfling04
01-03-10, 04:22 AM
Walk through the ship and stare in amazement, then while surfaced find an enemy destroyer and watch it put holes in my boat, just to see the internal fire and flooding mechanics.

Jimbuna
01-03-10, 12:23 PM
Walk through the ship and stare in amazement, then while surfaced find an enemy destroyer and watch it put holes in my boat, just to see the internal fire and flooding mechanics.

Remind me never to enlist for your boat http://www.psionguild.org/forums/images/smilies/wolfsmilies/jawdropper.gif

codmander
01-03-10, 01:00 PM
1x patrol:know:

Wolfling04
01-03-10, 06:21 PM
Remind me never to enlist for your boat http://www.psionguild.org/forums/images/smilies/wolfsmilies/jawdropper.gif

:rotfl2:

Gotta see it sometime right :D

cazorp
01-03-10, 08:33 PM
Me? -Probably miss a hatch and sink.. :O:

Kaleun_Endrass
01-04-10, 06:00 AM
1. Wait for the delivery guy
2. Unpack
3. Install
4. Connect my rig to my lcd tv
5. Set up the settings to max details and 1920x1080
6. Play (or test) the game in FullHD

ddrgn
01-04-10, 10:12 AM
I'll go right to the meat & potatoes and load the mission editor..........

Nickolas
01-04-10, 10:58 AM
i will probably cry myself to sleep after realizing there is no way my pc will run the game.