PDA

View Full Version : convoy behavior at night

Joe S
12-06-09, 12:37 PM
I recently ran a night time convoy mission and after it got dark the convoy stopped, started milling around, a few ships ran into each other, and the rest just sat there. Is there a patch for this wierd behaviour? Thanks! Joe

GoldenRivet
12-06-09, 05:33 PM
Interesting.

What was the approximate location of this activity? any other circumstances that you think might have contributed to this behavior??

havnt seen that one before

Sag75
12-06-09, 06:33 PM
yes! sometimes it happened also to me, in full daylight.

don't know why.. Probably links to convoy leader ship were missed?

Snestorm
12-06-09, 07:18 PM
Never had it happen playing Stock SHIII.

HW3
12-06-09, 11:02 PM
Only time that ever happened to me was when I saved and quit while in sight of the convoy. When I reloaded the save that happened. It turned out that the convoy loses its waypoints when you do that.

Wreford-Brown
12-07-09, 04:32 AM
I've seen it a couple of times and I think it's when the convoy is struggling to turn around a waypoint, usually when I've badly damaged the convoy leader.

Normally, as the convoy reaches a waypoint the convoy leader makes the turn and the rest of the convoy swings around the leader, sometimes leading to some amusing scrambles by ships to assume their old formation places.

I've found that when I'm at high TC at ahead 1/3 when submerged I don't seem to be able to make turns at waypoints and end up driving in circles. I don't know if it's the particular speed that I'm at but it happens almost every time. If the same happens to a convoy then it would cause all of the ships to run around like headless chickens chasing the waypoint marker.

Ping Panther
12-07-09, 10:15 AM
It always seems to happen on a New Years Eve. :()1:

rik007
12-07-09, 03:02 PM
I hope it is solved in SH-V...

BasilY
12-07-09, 08:18 PM
I saw this happened twice in waters south of Good Hope... Those South Africans must be lost.