PDA

View Full Version : Dec 2, 09 Avast anti virus false report bug (Win32:Delf-MZG)

swdw
12-03-09, 09:43 AM
Had hundreds of files flagged as infected, Thankfully, checked their site and found this:

Hello,

last night, avast had a bad false positive issue. At around 12:15am GMT we released VPS update 091203-0 which started flagging hundreds of innocent files as a "Win32:Delf-MZG" Trojan (or, in less common cases, as "Win32:Zbot-MKK"). Among the files affected were high-profile programs produced by Adobe, Realtek sound card drivers, various media players etc.

We are still investigating the issue, trying to find out what exactly happened and how to make absolutely sure it will not happen again.

At 5:50am GMT, another VPS update (091203-1) was released, fixing the issue (for both "Win32:Delf-MZG" and "Win32:Zbot-MKK").
Those who have not used their computers between 12:15am and 5:50am will most likely not be affected.

If you're still using the bad VPS (091203-0) we recommend to invoke a VPS update immediately.

Our technical support team is currently preparing extensive HOWTOs about how to fix the situation for those who were hit by the problem.

We will be updating you shortly.

We deeply apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

Thanks,
Vlk

AVGWarhawk
12-03-09, 09:47 AM
I got the new version for the home last night and had no issues. :hmmm: Strange.

Raptor1
12-03-09, 09:48 AM
I've had no issues, but it did spot a couple of them on my notebook.

FIREWALL
12-03-09, 10:44 AM
Thx swdw :salute:

Reece
12-03-09, 08:45 PM
Hmm, the virus scanner is a virus,:o need to scan itself!!:yep:

Carotio
12-03-09, 09:16 PM
I have read about that Avast issue too.
Not the first time, an anti-virus program give false reports. I had the same problem with the anti-virus in Comodo Internet Security, so I disabled that part and have used AVG ever since.