PDA

View Full Version : Ability to change weather conditions?

Pumpkin
11-19-09, 04:57 AM
Hey,

Is there any way to cycle through the weather in SH4? Is there some key combo that changes the weather? :hmmm:

C DuDe
11-19-09, 08:17 AM
Wanna play God ey:arrgh!:

No there isn't

ETR3(SS)
11-19-09, 11:05 AM
Ctrl N sets the weather to Partly Cloudy, excellent visibility, no rain, wind speed 0 from the North. That's about all the control over the weather you have.

Captainchaos
11-19-09, 02:49 PM
I don`t think Dorsets having much fun at the moment..

Armistead
11-19-09, 11:17 PM
As stated control N resets the weather, but be careful. Be close to a ship in a storm and reset and wala, they can see you and shoot you up. Also, if you ever get a choppy screen, fast water or other video problems, cntlN usually solves it.

You do have to do it why at a cam screen, as it is a sonar key function.

Pumpkin
11-25-09, 03:12 PM
I don`t think Dorsets having much fun at the moment..

Thanks guys - control n works a treat :yeah:
Except on the weather outside my window. :DL

Inner Sound
11-25-09, 06:38 PM
Armistead that's right enough. I was trailing a task force in bad visibility, and what with RL decided to just let it go. Hit ctrl N and in a minute had a convoy to report - extra kudos.

Oh yeah it's cheating but....

Sailor Steve
11-25-09, 08:29 PM
wala
:damn:

Sammi79
04-22-10, 07:22 AM
Thanks for that ctrl-N key that has helped me some. The weather is kinda odd in SH4, I've just started a new ATO carreer -

1st patrol, 6 weeks, 15m/s wind 141' no precipitation, no/partial clouds. FOR SIX WEEKS! (well, at least i had waves...)

2nd patrol, 3 weeks in, Flat Calm w/light fog, period!

used ctrl-N but it just seems to reset a pre programmed sequence ie, flat calm light fog for 4 weeks or something, so every time I use it I know what to expect - FLAT CALM FOR EVER!

the last time I saw 'precipitation' of any kind was a year or so ago playing PTO(TMO). surely it must rain sometime, somewhere in the atlantic? I'm guessing since there are no specific weather mods anywhere that the weather dynamics are hard coded and therefore unchangeable, if that is the case it is a shame... surely not gamebreaking but I (never thought I would say this, but) would LOVE to see some rain again. :06:

Admiral8Q
04-22-10, 07:34 AM
I'm guessing since there are no specific weather mods anywhere that the weather dynamics are hard coded and therefore unchangeable, if that is the case it is a shame... surely not gamebreaking but I (never thought I would say this, but) would LOVE to see some rain again. :06:

Then don't hit ctr N, as a subbie, I don't like calm weather. I've had to deal with than for a bit. If you use RFB or TMO you will get some nasty weather, perfect for submarines! :03:

Sammi79
04-22-10, 09:06 AM
Then don't hit ctr N, as a subbie, I don't like calm weather. I've had to deal with than for a bit. If you use RFB or TMO you will get some nasty weather, perfect for submarines! :03:

Ha ha me neither! good for targetting but bad for getting spotted. The thing is though, If the weather is hard coded, surely I should be getting rain and stuff wether or not i'm playing OM/RFB/TMO/Stock... or is there a configuration file somewhere I'm not aware of?

Harmsway!
04-22-10, 03:35 PM
With RFB control N gets you the nearest sound contact. With RFB you get plenty of heavy weather too. However saving the game going all the way out to windows and reloading reset the weather. I hate that.

irish1958
04-23-10, 08:35 AM
One would think that after all the bitching about the weather in SH3, the developers would have fixed it in SH4, but they didn't.
Or SH5.
Don't they listen?
I think what we need is a forum in Romanian; maybe then they would pay attention.

Excelsior82
04-23-10, 09:57 AM
used ctrl-N but it just seems to reset a pre programmed sequence ie, flat calm light fog for 4 weeks or something, so every time I use it I know what to expect - FLAT CALM FOR EVER!

From my experience, it doesn't reset a sequence.

I had big waves (keel moving from 12ft to 20ft), but strangely no clouds in the skies.

After I hit CTRL+N, clouds appeared, but the waves were still as tough. I compressed time to move an hour forward, and weather was the same.

Wilcke
04-23-10, 10:54 AM
I have a small app that will change the weather for you on the fly. Someone else put it together. I will see if the author will upload it to SubSim. Works a treat.

Admiral8Q
04-23-10, 07:19 PM
Ha ha me neither! good for targetting but bad for getting spotted.

Yes, the idea of a submarine is to be invisible. Calm weather is no good for that.
http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/4623/cleardive.png