PDA

View Full Version : U 505 sailed without me

longam
09-30-09, 09:43 PM
I got to go to Chicago for a trade show Tuesday with a team from my work. While there the first day upon arrival we went straight to the show to check out the vendors displays and ask questions. Well after several hours in the show we finally got checked in to our hotel. Arrangements were made for a dinner meeting late in the evening with a prospect. By the time the meeting took place, I had already got up at 4 in the morning to go into work to repair a piece of equipment in our production line, left at 7:30 in the morning for Chicago, arrived at the show at around 1:00. Needless to say by the time we met for dinner I was spent. After a couple of hours discussing work related items I excused myself to retire.

The next day I was refreshed and ready to go. I knew we would be heading back late afternoon so I and another companion had the opportunity to take the rental car and see the sites while others went to other meetings.

To make a long story short, and we only had a few hours, we cruised along the water front area and around downtown. Then we went over to the Sears tower and went up the Sky Deck. The view from up there is spectacular and the extended glass viewing areas are wild to walk out on, just don’t look down.

Well riding the express elevator from hell back down (which only take 60 secs to go 100+ floors) the video playing reminded you to visit other places, like the Museum of Science and Industry!!! I seen that picture of the U 505 and just slapped my head because I knew I didn’t have time to see it.

Opportunity lost…..

http://www.longam.net/sh4/phonepics_088.jpg

http://www.longam.net/sh4/ch2.jpg

Sledgehammer427
09-30-09, 09:56 PM
ahh, it's not going to go anywhere too soon, theres always next year :up:

I live about 3 hours away from there and it's still exclusive though.

I live in corn...

ETR3(SS)
10-01-09, 07:59 AM
It's a nice display setting they have it in now. The tour of the boat itself is guided and a bit rushed though.

AVGWarhawk
10-01-09, 08:02 AM
Now that is a bit in the butt!