PDA

View Full Version : I'm not sure if I'm doing this right...

Henry Wood
09-28-09, 04:07 PM
Well, I just added on my latest books I've been reading as "replies" and I hope that's correct, but I thought I'd better try to make a better effort concerning some new DVDs I just bought.

"The Grey Wolves - The Inside Story Of The U-boat War [2008] [DVD]"

I got these a couple of weeks ago from Amazon UK and here is what I wrote on their site about a very informative U-Boat story on DVD:

For much of a long life I have been reading, watching, absorbing and digesting the story of the U boat arm of the Kriegsmarine. (I did this after learning my father worked in "the trade" opposite "them".)

Though I expected much of this DVD package to run over ground I already knew, I have been very presently surprised. The narration and sequence of the films shown is absolutely superb, honestly following the tale from the very beginning of the German U boat force in WWI to its ultimate demise in WWII and it does not try to hide the mistakes that were made on both sides.

If I was just starting out to discover for myself just what there was about the Kriegsmarine U boat arm which seems to always attract so many interested people then I could find no better starting point.
I am not a beginner in the study of this subject and I can simply recommend it to *any* interested party. I am sure that everyone, no matter how much they think they know of this subject, will raise their eyes at some point in the story and say, "Well, I never knew that!"
Very highly recommended.

Thomen
09-28-09, 04:56 PM
Thanks for the short review. :up:
I am trying to decide to buy that set for some time now.

Henry Wood
09-28-09, 05:02 PM
Hi,
If you know a good bit about U-Boasts you will likely know already most of the suff in these DVDS, though I feel it has definitely added to my collection of books, DVDs and other stuff.

Thomen
09-28-09, 05:42 PM
Hi,
If you know a good bit about U-Boasts you will likely know already most of the suff in these DVDS, though I feel it has definitely added to my collection of books, DVDs and other stuff.
Can't never have enough.. :D