View Full Version : Pre-orders for SH5

Captain Nemo
09-28-09, 08:41 AM
See http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/11555430/Silent-Hunter-5/Product.html

Nemo

Jimbuna
09-28-09, 09:15 AM
Looks like they are confidentally predicting a £10 discount :hmmm:

Personally, I'll still order through SS.

Captain Nemo
09-28-09, 09:31 AM

I agree, interestingly though they are predicting a 19 March 2010 release date.

Nemo

Webster
09-28-09, 11:02 AM
hmmm :hmmm: why cant we pre-order through neal? he has a good relationship with subsim and venders

mr chris
09-28-09, 11:32 AM
Im sure when Amazon have there pre order up and running we will be able to pre order through the relevant SS store link.:up:

FIREWALL
09-28-09, 11:38 AM
$47.630118 :d

longam
09-28-09, 11:54 AM
psssst Neal > http://www.amazon.com/Silent-Hunter-5-Pc/dp/B002PAIPQO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1254156746&sr=8-1

Snestorm
09-28-09, 12:47 PM
Im sure when Amazon have there pre order up and running we will be able to pre order through the relevant SS store link.:up:

Amazon sent me notice. SH5 ship date the 2. march 2010

TDK1044
09-28-09, 01:25 PM
All of this rushing to pre order the game really gets you nowhere. We saw this with SHIII and SHIV.... people were rushing to be the first to get the game. In reality, those who ordered through subsim, and therefore helped our community, got their games just as fast as anyone else. :)

Jimbuna
09-28-09, 03:01 PM

Nemo

Personally speaking, I'd wait a few days to allow things to settle....release dates have been known to change without notice.

FIREWALL
09-28-09, 03:26 PM
After waiting and waiting I finally at 2:00pm see the UPS guy coming down the street with my pre-order SH4.

Hee! Hee! I get it before anyone else.

The phone rings and it's a buddy of mine.

Before I can tell him about my good fortune he says... " I would've called you sooner but I was haveing to much fun playing SH4 I got at GameStop at 10:00am this morning."

Kaleun_Endrass
09-28-09, 03:29 PM
Amazon sent me notice. SH5 ship date the 2. march 2010
I´d wait. Every site with pre-order option has other release dates and prices. The german amazon site offers SH5 for 44.99 EUR on 15 Feb. 2010. :damn:

Sonarman
09-28-09, 03:36 PM
Yes there is little point in preordering at this stage, besides there may also be another "limited edition" version on the way.

Interesting to see that the retail price of PC games has been "sneaked up" yet again by another £5 by the publisher, at this rate PC games will soon be the same price as their console counterparts.

Jimbuna
09-28-09, 03:40 PM
After waiting and waiting I finally at 2:00pm see the UPS guy coming down the street with my pre-order SH4.

Hee! Hee! I get it before anyone else.

The phone rings and it's a buddy of mine.

Before I can tell him about my good fortune he says... " I would've called you sooner but I was haveing to much fun playing SH4 I got at GameStop at 10:00am this morning."

That'll larn ya :DL

FIREWALL
09-28-09, 03:40 PM
You watch. After about mid point of pre-order until release they'll offer a special version at same discount price with some little goodie in it.

Then what will you do ? :O:

Uber Gruber
09-28-09, 04:48 PM
Let just buy it from SubSim when it comes out....you wont get it much quicker if you prebook and surely a couple of days isn't too much.

Support the community man :|\\

Webster
09-28-09, 06:34 PM
i want to pre order the version that comes with the extra goodies AND the first repair patch included with it too :D

mookiemookie
09-28-09, 07:45 PM
Let just buy it from SubSim when it comes out....you wont get it much quicker if you prebook and surely a couple of days isn't too much.

Support the community man :|\\

I'm going down to Best Buy on release day and picking it up there. I'll make a donation to Subsim to make up for not getting it through the Subsim Amazon link. I'm impatient, what can I say?

Onkel Neal
09-28-09, 07:48 PM

Nemo

hmmm :hmmm: why cant we pre-order through neal? he has a good relationship with subsim and venders

psssst Neal > http://www.amazon.com/Silent-Hunter-5-Pc/dp/B002PAIPQO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1254156746&sr=8-1

Awwww. you guys are so nice!! :salute:

Silent Hunter 5 preorder link up! (http://www.subsim.com/store.html#sh5)

thanks!
:yeah:
Neal

Fluffysheap
09-28-09, 09:56 PM
Much as I would like to order through Subsim and support the community as well as Amazon, for me the deciding factor is the presence or absence of more crippling malware on the disc. If there's Starforce or similar nonsense (looks like Ubisoft is using Tages now...), I'm sticking with Steam. If that means waiting for a while, so be it... I will not buy a game that puts malware on my computer, period.

Webster
09-28-09, 10:47 PM
Awwww. you guys are so nice!! :salute:

Silent Hunter 5 preorder link up! (http://www.subsim.com/store.html#sh5)

thanks!
:yeah:
Neal

i mad a sticky thread just for the link to preorder through subsim

Arclight
09-29-09, 12:33 AM
Yeah, I noticed. :roll:

USE THIS LINK TO ORDER SH5 THROUGH THE SUBSIM STORE NOW
Not exactly subtle, is it? More like an order than a suggestion. :D ;)

No creditcard, so no pre-order for me I'm afraid. :(
But I'll be sure to send a contribution this way to make up for it. :yep:

Jimbuna
09-29-09, 05:42 AM
i mad a sticky thread just for the link to preorder through subsim

Why are you mad :hmmm:

You should be happy to find yourself in such a priviledged position and able to perform such an important task :smug:

:DL

Webster
09-29-09, 11:06 AM
Why are you mad :hmmm:

You should be happy to find yourself in such a priviledged position and able to perform such an important task :smug:

:DL

:oops: you got me lol

java`s revenge
09-29-09, 12:08 PM
I don`t pre-order anymore. Once i did it and the game was
quicker in the shops than i had it at home.

FIREWALL
09-29-09, 12:21 PM
I don`t pre-order anymore. Once i did it and the game was
quicker in the shops than i had at home.

I went the pre-order route with bad results.

Will also buy off the shelf'.

TheDarkWraith
09-29-09, 01:16 PM
Don't pre-order anymore either since getting burned with SH4. It's been a great paper weight since the first 30 mins I've owned it (bought the collector's edition or whatever they called it). I'll wait till SH5 hits the stores and see other's feedback on it first.

Platapus
09-29-09, 05:48 PM
Neal, please tell me how much "cut" you get when people order from your website (you can PM me if you like)

I have had so many bad experiences with pre-ordering I won't take the risk, but I will be glad to make a donation for the same amount you would have gotten.

1. I want to help Subsim.com
2. I want my game before 2011 though

FIREWALL
09-29-09, 06:09 PM
Neal, please tell me how much "cut" you get when people order from your website (you can PM me if you like)

I have had so many bad experiences with pre-ordering I won't take the risk, but I will be glad to make a donation for the same amount you would have gotten.

1. I want to help Subsim.com
2. I want my game before 2011 though

Peanuts but, Plenty of Renoun. :har:

FIREWALL
09-29-09, 06:22 PM
Don't pre-order anymore either since getting burned with SH4. It's been a great paper weight since the first 30 mins I've owned it (bought the collector's edition or whatever they called it). I'll wait till SH5 hits the stores and see other's feedback on it first.

I ordered the leather looking collectors one Pre-order and got the basic one.

SH4 marketing fiasco taught me good.

I just bought $300.00 flight sim controllers useing SS\Amazon so I won;t worry about Neal loseing money off me. And I doubt he'll lose any sleep over it. :DL

I support and protect this site. Once with my fists. :arrgh!: