PDA

View Full Version : Same mission over and over?

That's not my dog
09-24-09, 10:36 AM
Hello from the bilge room again. I started a new career and my first mission is to patrol AO98 and sink the target ships, two moving ships, and do a shakedown. So, I have done that three times in a row now, do I get a new mission at some point or are my files messed up? I stayed in my patrol area for over 24hrs as well. I completed all my mission objectives. Thanks in advance fellas.:damn: I am running GWX3.0 and SH3 commander 3.2

Damo
09-24-09, 01:41 PM
What date is it? If it's before the war and you're just going out for 24 hours then teleporting home chances are it will send you out before the war again giving the same mission. I did 2 patrols like that before war started but I travelled back to base lengthening the patrol somewhat.

If you get a patrol that is say, 3 days before the war starts and you have the same orders, just go sailing off somewhere and wait for the greens to turn red. I'd use those 3 days to pass through the channel unhindered and set up a patrol in the BF quadrant, plenty of fodder there once you get the go ahead.

FIREWALL
09-24-09, 02:25 PM
Simple fix.

Just reach over with open palm and smack your computer case lightly.

Like a juke box... That will stop it from skipping. :03:

That's not my dog
09-24-09, 04:23 PM
Soooooooo, I was being impatient and not WAITING the war to start on 9/3. All is good now! I did that slap fix last Christmas on my old computer! Santa took pity on me and got me new, gotta love that guy!:rock:

FIREWALL
09-24-09, 04:37 PM
Soooooooo, I was being impatient and not WAITING the war to start on 9/3. All is good now! I did that slap fix last Christmas on my old computer! Santa took pity on me and got me new, gotta love that guy!:rock:

:up: :up: :up: See... Sometimes it's the simple fix that produces benifits. :DL

irish1958
09-24-09, 05:42 PM
Hello from the bilge room again. I started a new career and my first mission is to patrol AO98 and sink the target ships, two moving ships, and do a shakedown. So, I have done that three times in a row now, do I get a new mission at some point or are my files messed up? I stayed in my patrol area for over 24hrs as well. I completed all my mission objectives. Thanks in advance fellas.:damn: I am running GWX3.0 and SH3 commander 3.2

I suggest you read the GWX3.0 Manual; it is your friend. Although it is a short read, it has a lot of valuable information. I think it is the best game manual ever written.

Tomas23
09-24-09, 09:05 PM
The same thing happened to me. I started in 8-'39 in the 7th flotilla, sank the ships, did the 24hr patrol, sailed into port and docked. Now, the report before I started, as you all know, said for GWX to patrol AO98, return to Koningsberg, and get new orders on the fourth. I sailed into port and docked. I exited and rolled back SH3 Commander, went back into the game and the new mission order was the same patrol area. OK. I start the patrol and started receiving three to four messages a minute saying "Base changed to Kiel", "Base changed to Koningsberg". It kept repeating these same two messages over and over. Instead of sailing back and docking, I transported back. After exiting and doing the SH3 rollback, I entered the game and was told that my base had changed to Kiel. I got a new patrol area and set sail. The same messages started popping up again. I exited and started a new career. I didn't have that problem when I started in Keil with the 1st flotilla. Only with the 7th. Only advice i can give is, start in 9-39.

irish1958
09-24-09, 09:59 PM
RTFM!