PDA

View Full Version : Back to square one again

mapuc
09-21-09, 06:18 PM
As some of you may know, I'm having big trouble installing my SHIII on my new computer(Vista)

When I met the Devteam I had a chance to talk to them and tell them about my problems

I got som advice and some tip.

After I got home last night, I turn on my computer and did exactly what I had been told..........didn't helped at all.
(worked with it about 4 hrs)

so now I'm back to square one again.

So now it's hardware job and some software job to do

A friend of mine will install an extra HDD on my computer and thereafter XP.

And offcourse make a partitio..or what it's name is

Here's a funny thing
After Installing SHIII I mark the icon and it says that it's in programfiles../...ubisoft
After the uinstalling I can't trow out the icon it has somehow changes place to User/shared...something and it ain't there.

Markus

Carotio
09-21-09, 06:40 PM
I haven't installed SH3 on my laptop, which has Vista, but I have read that in Vista, one shouldn't install it to its default path, but rather something like games\SH3.
Did you do that?
And what are the hardware specs? If it's way beyond the minimum requirements, I doubt it's a hardware problem. Maybe a video driver problem.

Tomas23
09-21-09, 07:38 PM
Hello. I'm running SHIII with GWX 3.0 on vista and have no problems. It installed to the default path: Program files/Ubisoft/SilentHunterIII. It also installs a folder in Documents called SH3 that has your careers and gameplay settings.

After you un-install SHIII you have to go in and delete the Ubisoft folder as well as the one in documents.

I would say, install SHIII and GWX. After you do, you'll have two icons for SHIII. One regular and one for the GWX mod. Drag the regular one to the recycle bin and use the GWX.

In vista, when you click on an icon, such as, SHIII, JSGME, or SH3Commander, you have to right click and select 'Run as Administrator'.

I don't know if this will help because I don't know your entire problem. One thing for sure, it can't hurt.

Hope you get things worked out. :salute: