PDA

View Full Version : how to make mods

jaster117
09-20-09, 09:34 AM
How do I make mods of my own

karamazovnew
09-20-09, 10:03 AM
:hmmm: What mods did you have in mind? The most important thing is to use JSGME, the SH mod manager, that allows you to mess up with the game anyway you like without breaking it. Get a dds viewer and the nvidia plugin for photoshop for the image files. Look around the Data folder structure. It took me about a day to figure out which file does what.
After that, download any mod that resembles what you want to do and look at each file. You can use Winmerge to see which data is different.
Once you have more specific questions, search for answers on the forum or start a topic with a specific question, but in the SH4 Mod Workshop.
Good luck:up:

Webster
09-20-09, 11:03 AM
this "Do you want to learn how to mod sh4?" thread could be helpfull to you

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6421019045/m/3451095047/p/1

jaster117
09-20-09, 12:24 PM
the mods i have in mind are like the titan superfortress submarine mod and other ship mods that i design

karamazovnew
09-21-09, 09:35 AM
:o you sure picked an easy place to start... Anyway, the two previous comments still hold... look around the Titan mod, contact it's author for advice. Also there a post somewhere here about including new ships. It was preety extensive and a great place to start. Good luck :up: