PDA

View Full Version : SH3 Commander Question

raallison
09-17-09, 03:07 PM
I just downloaded the newest version of SH3 Commander and everything is fine except when I go to update my personel file. I do get the message "Invalid argument to date encode." I read in the User Guide for Relase 3 that I should reload my my career after deleting saved games. I haven't deleted any saved games and I am not sure of what is meant by reloading my career . How do you reload your career or is this accomplished when you load a saved career? Any suggestions.

JScones
09-18-09, 04:31 AM
This SH3 "bug" is explained in many, many threads, including the SH3Cmdr sticky thread...

Captain Nemo
09-18-09, 08:20 AM
As JScones said this is a well known bug that has been around for the life of SH3. Basically on your first patrol if you upgrade any aspect of your u-boat there is a possibility that when you dock back at base you will get no renown even though you may have legitamately sunk some enemy ships. This is what causes that error in SH Commander, presumably because the information it needs to generate your personnel file is not available. Even though this problem has been attributed to upgrading your boat prior to your first patrol, it has happened to me without doing this. To avoid this happening in future make a save just before docking at the end of your first patrol. If the error comes up after you have docked, then reload your save you made prior to docking and dock again which normally cures it. No need to worry about this bug on subsequent patrols.

Nemo

rea00cy
03-23-10, 11:15 PM
As JScones said this is a well known bug that has been around for the life of SH3. Basically on your first patrol if you upgrade any aspect of your u-boat there is a possibility that when you dock back at base you will get no renown even though you may have legitamately sunk some enemy ships. This is what causes that error in SH Commander, presumably because the information it needs to generate your personnel file is not available. Even though this problem has been attributed to upgrading your boat prior to your first patrol, it has happened to me without doing this. To avoid this happening in future make a save just before docking at the end of your first patrol. If the error comes up after you have docked, then reload your save you made prior to docking and dock again which normally cures it. No need to worry about this bug on subsequent patrols.

Nemo
I have had this damn thing five times already, each one ruining my careers' history again and again in a few weeks . It is not if it would happen, but when it will ... I know that my experience with SH3 is limited to a few months since at the time the game was launched my PC didn't meet the specs and, when it did, SH4 was just out so, probably I'm an exception to the rule that have played SH2 & 4 >>>> SH3. Sorry, but I had no idea about this "old bug"
Nevertheless, what I have read in this forum does not match to my problems. It had happened NOT only after my first patrol although this last time it was. I don't how SH3 Cmdr reads the info available in documents\SH3\data\cfg\careers nor the role of each file in there, but every time I had found one or more Patrol text files in which the info for ea patrol is apparently complete (using ExamDiff utility and comparing with old career patrols which I have saved in another folder: the content changes but the structure is the apparently the same).
I have unistalled the program, even SH3, and have started all over again with clean installs, new downloaded, compressed SH3 Cmdr folder, but I catches me up again:damn:
The only thing that I suspect is that in some way is related to enabling/disabling mods, which I've doing intensively, even when done while at port using JSMGE...........I'm not meaning that the programs are bad/buggy, on the contrary, is probably me doing something wrong.....but I'm out of resources and need some external experience...

PS. I want to explicitly say BIG Thanks to JScones for his excellent utilities JSMGE and SH3 Cmdr:salute: